Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Spoon part 2

"Is Jackson Aepatt cheating on his girlfriend of three years, infamous Jeanette Thatcher, for another infamous teen, the red-headed Katherine Heshmatpour?" I rolled my eyes and looked away from the magazine that the girl in front of me in line was reading as she waited to be rung up. She moaned to her friend, "Ah, I love Jackson so much. He is the most gorgeous guy on the face of the Earth." Her friend nodded in agreement and they both stared at the photos of me with google eyes. As usual, I felt sick. If only they knew they were drooling over a girl. The girl behind them in the grocery store line, to be exact. I cleared my throat and the one holding the magazine glanced back at me, rolled her eyes slightly, and moved forward in the line.
"Jeanette?" I called into my house-Jackson's house, that is- putting my bag of groceries on the kitchen counter. "Hey, baby," Jeanette said playfully as she stepped out of the living room. I groaned, "Please, no more. These two girls were drooling over Jackson at the grocery store. I felt like throwing up." Jeanette laughed and said, "You'd think you'd be used to it by now." I tipped my head back, "Nope. Never." She laughed and walked back into the living room, wherePride and Prejudice was playing on the flat screen. I went to the freezer and took out the carton of Chocolate Haagen Daaz, pulling the spoon out of the back pocket of my jeans. (More on that later.) I walked into the living room and sat down on the opposite side of the enormous couch as Jeanette was on. "Did you hear, I'm cheating on you with Katherine." Jeanette wrinkled her nose, "Says your agent or says the stands?"
"The stands. You know I'd never do something like that to you." Jeanette rolled her eyes and crossed the couch, sticking her finger into the Haagen Daaz carton and pulling out some of the ice scream, sticking it in her mouth. The front door closed and we both looked over to see Katherine come in. "Hey, Kat," Jeanette said as she slid back to her side of the couch. Katherine waved and stepped into the living room, falling onto the couch between us. "So the magazines are saying you're having an affair with me," she informed me. I nodded, "I know. How shall we convince them that we're just friends?" Kat wrinkled her nose, "I could admit to being you second cousin." I laughed and leaned back into the couch, watching the extremely-female movie and letting myself forget about my alternate universe's fame for just a minute as I sat on his couch with is girlfriend and rumored lover.

© 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment