Friday, July 23, 2010

Nibble part 15

"No."
"Come on."
"No."
"Pleeease?"
"No! No way!"
"Come on. One class. One day. It's not gonna kill you."
"It goes on your permanent record."
"Remi. Honestly. One hit doesn't matter. Two hits and you're in trouble, but considering your partiality to this one, I doubt you'll ever use that second hit."
"I'm not ditching."
"Come on, Remi!" Gabby joined in on the whining now, "It's just sixth period, and this is Muse we're talking about! You're telling me you're willing to miss a Muse concert just to sit in Mr. Menchin's classroom for one more hour of your life?" I sighed and narrowed my eyes at her, and she grinned mischeivously at me, "Come on, Rem. You know you want to." I rolled my eyes, "I don't understand why we can't just get our parent's permission." Lindsay laughed outright, "Oh, right, like my parents would be cool with us ditching five minutes of school for any concert, let alone Muse. And you know you parents wouldn't either. Gabby's are more likely than ours, but that's still a long shot." Gabby shook her head, "There's no way. They hate Muse." I sighed and closed my eyes, not believing I was actually going to agree to this. "Fine." Lindsay and Gabby victory whooped, and I quickly added, "But not for you. For Muse."

The irresistible beats of Resistance filled my ears as Lindsay, Gabby, and I jumped up and down and screamed along with the lyrics. The seats were far back, but I was still overwhelmed with adrenaline and excitement. They were so close. "See," Lindsay hollered over the music to me, "Aren't you glad you came?" I watched as the lead singer sang, "This is out of control," and the back up singers leaned into their mikes, repeating, "It could be wrong, could be wrong," and I couldn't help but smile widely. "Yea, I guess so." Lindsay smiled widely and turned back towards the stage, continuing to jump and scream the lyrics we knew so well.

"You know, your plan wasn't really that great," I said to Lindsay as we drove down the highway, still hyped from the concert. "Your parents are gonna ask you guys where you were." Lindsay rolled her eyes and turned up her stereo, which her iPod was connected to. Uprising blasted over my words. "I don't care. It was worth it," Lindsay said loudly over the music. Gabby danced in the backseat, laughing hysterically and bouncing in her seat, the blast of glee not nearly used up in her. I laughed and shook my head, joining them as we sang along to the music and watched the red lights of all the cars in front of us.

© 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment