Sunday, August 30, 2009

No Sense (anything can happen) part 1

I rolled down the window in the cossy. The loud ringing across the town screamed in my ears. The driver cringed but didn't say anything. I rolled up the window, not wanting to make the cossy driver suffer. The driver pulled the cossy up in front of the market and the person in the contept next to me got out. I heard him close the door and looked out my side window as the driver started the cossy up and got back on the main road. The driver's voice came out over the loudspeaker. "Where to, Miss?" he asked. I pressed the message sending button and said, "Just to the House, thanks." The car turned off the main road down the small street that lead to the house. He parked in front of the doors and I got out. I felt like thanking him but knew that sending another message to him just to say thank you would make me look stupid. I watched as the long cossy pulled out of the driveway and drove back down the main road.
Now I know you're probably confused as to what a cossy is, what a contept is, why there are loudspeakers in a cossy, and why my home is called the 'House'. Let me explain. Four years ago, I lived in Ventura county and lived a normal life. Then I caught a disease that was supposedly fatal, but I was immune to it. The rest of the immunes and I were brought to this huge bomb-proof metal 'bubble'. The bubble is the size of Malibu city and was designed to look like it. There's one large House where everyone has their own room. A cossy is sort of like a taxi except its the length of a limousine and it has separate rooms within itself called contepts so that people don't have to sit next to each other. Its the only form of transportation (other than walking) in the quarantine bubble. There is an entertainment complex and a large store that holds everything you could need: food, clothes, furniture, etc. Everyone is given the same amount of money everyday, except the lower class. The lower class is the working class. They do the cooking, cleaning, driving, farming, etc. I don't really understand why the lower class is the lower class and why they didn't just have everyone work equally. It seems a little communist to me.

I hate this place. I will do whatever it takes to get out.


No comments:

Post a Comment