Sunday, August 23, 2009

Broken Glass, Broken Hearts part 19

Tyler waited for me outside of my sixth period class. "Ello poppet," he said with a grin. I laughed, "Hey Tyler."
"Need a ride?" he asked as he opened the passenger door of his car for me. I smiled, "Just to the house. I think I'm gonna do some exploring today." He smiled, "Cool! Can I come?" I frowned slightly, "I don't know. I think I need a little time to myself. I've got a lot on my mind, you know. A lot has happened since...um...since we met." He nodded, "I understand. Well hey, maybe we can hang out tomorrow."
"Sounds good."

I waved bye to Tyler, changed my clothes, and got in my car. I drove for quite a while until I ended up at a dead end. To my right there was an obscure hiking trail. I parked my car on the side of the road and headed off down the trail. I didn't know where I was going, but the path felt good. I took of my shoes when I got to a spot where the trail turned to soft dirt. I kept walking, feeling the dirt brush smoothly on my feet. I felt like I was heading in the right direction. I felt that if I kept walking, I would figure out everything. If I kept walking, everything would fall into place. I walked up to a wide but not deep creek. I walked right into it and sat down on a rock in the middle of it. The only thing I could think about was the near-freezing temperature of the water. It sent goosebumps up my whole body, even my cheeks. The clear rushing water looked grey over the dull-colored rocks. This place was so real. As real as my struggle to let Tyler in, as real as my sister's death. My sandals blended in with the creek, making me feel like I belonged there. As I looked up at the surrounding trees and mountains, I realized that I no longer questioned whether or not there was a God. Feeling so real with nature, I wondered how anyone could question his existence. How could it be possible that a world this beautiful could just appear? It had to have a maker. I smiled as a warm wind brushed against my cheeks and brushed away my goosebumps. I sat there for a few minutes, and then just as I was getting up to leave, I heard a voice behind me say, "Angela? Is that you?" Tyler's voice. I smiled widely and turned around to face him. "Hi Tyler," I breathed. I felt like running into his arms and pressing my lips to his warm cheek. I tried to hold myself together and keep myself from doing anything rash. "Wow! What a coincindence!" he said with a laugh. "I was driving down the road and I found a path that lead to this creek," he continued. He noticed the path behind me and said, "I guess there's a path in each direction," as he motioned to the path behind him." I nodded, "I guess so." I had a huge smile as I whispered, in my mind, "I guess this your way of telling me Tyler's the one, God." Tyler smiled widely back at me, as if he could read my mind.

© 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment