Saturday, August 1, 2009

Chocolate Soup part 4

Dear Recipe Book,


OMG-OSH OMG-OSH OMG-OSH!!!!!!! PHIL ASKED ME TO THE DANCE!!!

I don’t think you fully appreciate the awesome-ness of this moment, so let me say it again in a bigger font:

PHIL ASKED ME TO THE DANCE!!! (BASK)


I think I am the happiest person living at this current moment. Here’s how it played out:


Phil: “Hey June?”

Me (totally distracted by the chocolate bar I’m eating): “Yea?”

Phil: “Do uh...are you...do you have a date for the dance?”

Me (chocolate bar falls out of mouth, eyes widen, and Laurie wiggles her eyebrows): “NO!”

Phil: “Do you think you...might...uh...wanna go with...me?” (That sentence was the longest...ten seconds...of my life!)

Me: “YES! I mean uh...sure. Good.”

Phil (relieved and happy-looking, which made me REALLY want to do my happy jump): “Cool! So uh...I’ll pick you up at six?”

Me: “Sure!”

Well that was like the best two minutes of my whole life, but then the rest of lunch (did I mention it occurred during lunch?) was really awkward, especially since A & F/Justin walked up right after the two minutes ended. Laurie figured I was taken so she started flirting with A & F. “I thought up a nickname for you, Justin,” she said while batting her eyelashes. He looked at her and said, “Did I ever tell you my name was Justin?” She shook her head and said, “Junebug did.”

“Oh,” he said. “So anyway, do you wanna know what your new nickname is?” Laurie said, kind of impatiently. “Sure,” he said, not really paying attention, totally staring at me and occasionally looking at Phil like he was wondering why Phil wasn’t glaring at him anymore. “It’s A & F,” Laurie said. That caught his attention. He looked at her and said, “What does that stand for?” Laurie, quite happy to get him to pay attention to her, said, “Junebug helped me think of it. It stands for Abercrombie and Fitch.” Justin looked over at me and asked Laurie, without looking at her, why his nickname was Abercrombie and Fitch. “‘Cause you totally look like an Abercrombie and Fitch model,” Laurie said. Laurie always speaks her mind. As do I....as do most people at Jamestown...but anyway, this time her mindspeaking was really inconvenient. Why? Because it caused Justin to smile at me like the nickname was all my idea, which caused Phil to sit up totally straight. And then Phil decides that since he just asked me out and I said yes, that certifies him with permission to put his arm around me, which I normally would TOTALLY not mind, except for the fact that it wasn’t exactly a shoulder hug out of affection, and it caused Justin to creep me out and make me feel really bad. So Phil put his arm around me, and then Justin stared at his arm like Phil had a knife to my back or something. Seriously, he looked like he desperately wanted to lunge at it but he thought that if he did, Phil might stab me. After about two minutes of complete silence and awkwardness, Justin opened his mouth to say something, but Laurie cut him off and said, “We better get to class!” to which I replied, “Yes, definitely!” and jumped up. Laurie and I hurried away from them and toward our English class. “That was horrible!” I said. “Yea well you’re the lucky one in this situation. You’ve got Abercrombie model and mega-hot best friend fighting over you! This is so unfair.” I laughed at Laurie’s...optimism...and we went to English.


Crush Mess Cream


10 crushed candy hearts

Chocolate ice cream

1 crushed Crunch bar


C.T.I.R.,

Junebug D.I.C.


© 2009


No comments:

Post a Comment