Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Broken Glass, Broken Hearts part 18

I pulled into the school parking lot and helped Angela out of the car. Even after the many timesthat I had driven Ang to school, people still stared. And if you were thinking that what I meant by
people was the entire student body and faculty, then you are correct. I walked her to her class and
then went to mine. "Hey Tyler, what's up man?" Ed asked me as I sat down. "Hey Drawe. Not much,you?"
"Yea, same. Not much really happens around here, huh?" Ed said with a chuckle. I smiled, "I don't
know, there's some pretty cool places around here. You know, lots of cool places to swim and hike." "Yea, I guess. Not much of a hiker myself, but the creek's pretty cool," Ed said. I pictured Angela bobbing in the pond with her hair soaking and her eyes dancing as she laughed with me. "Tyler? You
still here man?" Ed asked. "Yea, I'm good Drawe," I said, tuning in to the classroom. I tried to focus
during the rest of class, but I couldn't get Angela's face out of my head.

"So..." Selena said to me as I sat down and put my books down on my desk. "You and Tyler are kind of a thing now huh? Geez, a gorgeous new guy comes to the school and you nab him within the first day! You should really be respectful of the other females on this campus and leave us someone." I rolled my eyes, "Tyler and I are not a 'thing'," I said, making quotations with my fingers to emphasize the word thing. "We're just frends. You know me better than to think that I would get into a relationship so fast. Give me some credit, Selena." She rose her eyebrows, "So you're not together? Huh. Well then, can I have him?" I shot her a look, "Whoa!" she said with a chuckle, "Don't worry, I was just asking. The death glare is totally unecessary." I rolled my eyes, but my head was spinning. I hadn't even been thinking about other girls trying to take Tyler. Not that he was mine, but somehow I had just ruled out Tyler going for other girls. I watched Tyler from a distance in the hallway before lunch and saw three girls come up to him at once, all of them attractive, (not gorgeous, but definitely attractive.) I watched as the girls flirted with him, saying somethinf that made him laugh and causing him to smile several times. He waved bye to them as they flirtatiously waved at him and walked down the hallway away from him. I walked up to him and casually, (feeling like a parent or an over-protective girlfriend,) asked him, "Who was that?" He shrugged, "Just some girls from my history class. Joan, Kirsten and...Sloan I think." Well, at least he didn't know there names terribly well. That clearly pointed out that they were not very important people in his life. I breathed a small sigh of relief and walked with him to the cafeteria. I felt like I had totally overreacted to the little situation that had just occured, but at least I didn't do anything rash.
The conversation at lunch wasn't terribly interesting, Selena was droning on about the cute guy she met on the weekend. Honestly, I don't know why she ever complains about me 'stealing guys' when she can have any guy she wants in a second. Well, probably not Tyler. Tyler's different than other guys. He's not going to go out with a girl just because she's pretty. Then again, its not like I know from experience. I glanced over at Tyler and caught him staring at me. We both blushed lightly and he asked, "What are you thinking about so intently?" I smiled weakly and said, "Oh, just things." Selena glanced over at me with a suspicious expression and said, "What things?" I rolled my eyes, "Just things, Selena. Nothing special." Obviously not believing me, Selena looked over at Tyler briefly and smiled, looking down at her food. Ok, so maybe I was thinking about Tyler. So what?

© 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment