Sunday, August 30, 2009

Broken Glass, Broken Hearts part 25

Jake pulled up and I made him move to the back. Milly sat next to me in the passenger seat and we pulled out of the driveway just as Tyler pulled up, giving us a confused expression. I waved to him and turned the car to head over to Selena's house. Why ring her on the phone when you can just ring her doorbell? Selena opened the door and smiled, "Hey Ang. What's up?"Do you want to come to Tyler's surprise birthday party tomorrow?!" I practically hollered in her face. She raised one eyebrow, "At your place?" I nodded. "Its a little short notice..."
"Pu-leeeeez?" I begged. She laughed, "Ok."
"Could you invite some other people too?" I asked anxiously, "I don't know anyone's numbers..." She smiled, "Ok."
"Thank you!" I shrieked as I ran back to my car and we took off down to the cake and ice cream shop. I jumped out of the car and ran into the store. A red headed girl about my age with big glasses stood in front of me in line and looked anxious as she waited for her turn. The boy she was with ordered two caramel sundes. She got to the counter and started describing the cake she wanted to the woman behind the counter. "Can you make it say Trace?" she asked. The woman nodded and asked, "Would you like us to include a card with a message?" The girl said, "Yes. 'Happy Birthday Trace, Love Lola.'" I smiled as the woman asked the girl, "Is this for your boyfriend?" The girl hesitated and then said, "Yeah...something like that." The woman handed her a huge ice cream. "Bye!" the girl said to the woman as she rushed out the door. The woman waved shyly and I stepped up to the counter. "Can I have the same kind of cake she ordered? It sounded good," I said to the woman. The woman laughed, "Would you like it to say Trace, too?" I laughed, "No. Could you make it say 'Happy Birthday Tyler!'" She smiled, "Is this for your boyfriend?" I smiled, "Yeah...something like that," I said, mimicking the girl before me. The woman laughed and asked, "Would you like a card too?" I nodded, "Yea, make it say "Happy Birthday Tyler! Love, Angela please." The woman nodded and smiled at me as I said, "Bye!" and rushed out of the tiny store.

© 2009

2 comments:

  1. OMIGOSH ITS SO PERFECT! I FEEL SO DILLY WAGED! *GASPS ROMANTICALLY* HEHEHEHEHEHEHEH

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha :) I'm also going to have Selena invite Amy and all her friends to Tyler's party. hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete