Saturday, August 1, 2009

Chocolate Soup part 1

Dear Recipe Book,


Some people simply don’t completely understand the genious-ness of using a recipe book as a diary. Those weirdos think that I should use a recipe book to actually put recipes in! Can you believe that? Well, ok, so technically I do put recipes in this. But still.


I decided to concoct something that would make all those dumb heads realize the supreme amazing-ness of my recipe book/diary plan. Here goes:


Itamerian Soda (a mix between Italian sode and american soda)


1 cup milk

1/2 cup bubbly water

1/2 cup fruit juice (any fruit juice may be used. Except prune juice.)


I know this one is pretty simple, but I’m sure it gets rid of the grouchies.


I was thinking hard about that one special recipe I’m trying to think up all through math and science today. I decided two things that seem so obvious I don’t know why I didn’t think of them before.


  1. It MUST have chocolate
  2. It MUST NOT have prune juice


I also found some cool quotes while I was reading everything I could find in my backpack during English class.


“These letters are so Y-chromosome. A girl’s death threats would have way more style.” -Laurie Faria Stolarz, White is for Magic


“Ambrose: What is the only thing you can break when you say its name?

Stella: You’ve got me.

Ambrose: Silence.” - Bob Phillips, Ultimate Good Clean Jokes for Kids


I just thought those quotes were TOTALLY AND UTTERLY AWESOME and worth mentioning. So anyway, now I better tell you about the stuff girls usually rant about in diaries.

Sam, (better known as M.C., or Mayan Chick, ‘cause she’s all obsessed with everything Mayan,) has lately been trying to hang out with Phil, Laurie and I because she, along with every other kid at my funked school, thinks that we’re the popular kids. I think the reason for this is that our school wants to be normal and have popular kids but unfortunately we don’t, and Phil, Laurie and I are the only kids in the whole stupid school that where brand name clothes. As I may have mentioned a few hundred thousand times in my last entries, Phil is my bff/guy I’ve liked since kindergarden. He is totally gorgeous, (black hair, blue eyes, tall, strong,) utterly sweet and patient and kind, incredibly funny, and, unfortunately, totally clueless. He has NO IDEA that I like him and since I’m a stupid little chicken who can’t admit her feelings, I didn’t think anything was going to come out of us anytime soon. I changed my mind when M.C. Said that Phil has been staring at me a lot and she heard him whisper something to Laurie about asking me to the dance while I wasn’t looking...or hearing. This, of course, made me do one of those little happy jumps where I turn in a circle in the air and then quickly sit down and act like nothing happened to prevent drawing attention to myself. Except, unfortunately, this time I did the little spin in PE and I totally failed and completely drew attention to myself, especially since we weren’t actually supposed to be sitting so the whole sit-to-undraw-attention thing really didn’t work and I felt like a big doofus. I don’t understand why they were all so surprised. That type of behavior really isn’t that rare for me. (Or for anyone else at our school.) So anyway, I’m gonna talk to Laurie tomorrow and try to squeeze her like a lemon to get every little detail out of her.

C.T.I.R., (which by the way means cook ‘til I return, I decided to think of something better than ttyl,)

Junebug D.I.C. (dumby in control...I decided to change it from just ‘Junebug’)


© 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment