Saturday, August 29, 2009

Broken Glass, Broken Hearts part 24

"So..." Tyler said as we drove towards the school, "I've got something coming up soon..."
"Oh yea? What is it?" I asked curiously. He smiled a tiny crooked smile, "Guess."
"Um...uh...yea...sorry I can't," I replied. He smiled wickedly, "Ok then, you're going to have to figure it out on your own."
"What?! No! That's not fair! I'm gonna die of curiosity!" He laughed and pulled into the school parking lot. I groaned and got out of the car.
After school I asked Tyler if I could hang out at his place for a while. Partially because I didn't want to go home to my annoying parents, and partially because I wanted to ask Milly what Tyler had coming up soon. Ok, mostly because I wanted to talk to Milly. Don't judge me!
I walked into Tyler's house, realizing it was my first time there. "Um...yea...this is my place," he said, taking off my coat and putting it on a rack. I looked around, "Its nice," I said. "Its really roomy. And it smells like...memories." He laughed, "Some good, some bad." He smiled at me and then walked into the living room. He turned to the long, swirling staircase, looked up, and yelled, "Milly! Come down here!"
"Coming," Milly yelled back. Tyler turned back to me and said, "I have to run to the store...you can hang out with Milly while I'm gone, if you want. Or you can come." I was filled with childlike excitement. "I'll stay here!" I said enthusiastically. Tyler laughed, "Ok. You girls have fun bonding." He waved bye and closed the front door. "MILLY!" I yelled up the staircase. "Geez, I'm coming!" she yelled back. "Its ok, its just me," I yelled back. I watched as Milly made the long transgression down the stairs. She came out of the bottom and eyed me suspiciously. "What are you so excited about?" she asked. "Do you know what's...coming up for Tyler?" I asked anxiously, not knowing how to word it. She raised one eyebrow, "Um...his birthday is tomorrow..." she said, making a "you're really weird" expression at me. "WHAT?!" I screamed. "OH NO! I'm not ready! AGH!" I started literally running around in circles. "What are you not ready for?" she asked curiously, obviously weirded out by my circles. "His birthday! I have to throw him a party!" My eyes widened. "I have to go invite people! And get a cake! And balloons!" Milly's eyes widened too. I grabbed her arm and said, "Come with me!" I pulled her into the entrance room, wrote a note to Tyler saying that I was temporarily kidnapping Milly and I would have her back by seven-thirty. Then I called Jake and told him to come pick us up. I flipped my cell phone closed and saw Milly staring at me. "JAKE'S gonna pick us up?!" she asked, sounding horrified. I laughed, "He's been practicing his driving. Don't worry, I'll drive once he gets here."

© 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment