Thursday, August 27, 2009

Midsummer Day's Dream part 3

(Hermia/Rain) I buried my face into Peter's back. His shirt whipped back in the wind, surrounding my face in the soft material. We rode for some time until we reached town. Peter jumped off of Rain Dance, tied her to a post and put out his arms to help me down. I slid down carefully into his arms, trying not to let my dress fly up. I got to the ground and Peter's arms were around me. I looked up from my skirts and looked directly into his eyes. He batted his long eyelashes at me and his big blue eyes sparkled. "Thank you," I said breathily. Peter nodded with wide eyes. He didn't move his arms. We stared into each other's eyes for at least a minute until someone walking by bumped Peter, pushing him closer to me. He took his arms away from me and moved so that I could walk forward. He lead me into a motel and told me to sit down as he walked up to the counter. He handed the lady behind the desk some money and she nodded and handed him a key. He walked back over to me and said, "Come on, I got us a room." I raised my eyebrows, "ONE room?" He laughed, "There's two beds, and they're separated by a wall." I sighed in relief.

(Emma/Helena) Frustrated, John turned his horse and headed back down the path in the direction of his house. "Where are you going?" I asked, following him. "Home. She's not worth it," he replied in an irritated tone. "Really?" I asked, almost giddy. He pulled on his horse's reigns to make her stop and turned to face me. "Listen, Emma," he started, "we had something, ok? We had a big something, it lasted a long time. But its over now. I'm married, Emma, whether or not Rain thinks so or stays faithful. I loved you, Emma, but I don't anymore. We're done. Over. I'm sorry if it hurts you, but you really need to leave me alone." I watched, astonished, as he turned his horse back towards the path and headed home. I just sat there for a few minutes until he was far enough so that I couldn't see him anymore. "It can't be over..." I whispered to myself. I straightened my back, narrowed my eyes, gritted my teeth and said, "Its NOT over."

© 2009



Hey! Just wanted to say sorry that the entries in this story are getting shorter and shorter...well, at least I didn't give this one up! I hope you enjoy it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment