Saturday, August 1, 2009

Chocolate Soup part 3

Dear Recipe Book,


The dance is this Friday and Phil kept eyeing me like I have a permanent funky face or something. (A funky face is Jamestown’s signature facial expression for funny face pictures. How it works: you stick out your tongue, widen one eye and squint the other, pull out your ears and push your nose up like a pig snout.) I was hoping that he was looking at me that way because he’s thinking about asking me. But who knows, maybe I really do have permanent funky face.


Ok, sorry for the delay, here’s the recipe:


Funky Face Cure


1 melted Hershey’s bar

1 cup milk

1 COOKIE!!!


Chocolate cures everything...mostly. So anyway, today I was outside the cafeteria sitting at my table, waiting for slow pokes Laurie and Phil, and eating a chocolate bar, (Hershey’s to be exact,) when suddenly POP! there’s the gloriously hot guy I met yesterday. “Oh hi...umm...what’s your name?” I said. He laughed, “It’s Justin. And hi to you too, Miss D.I.C.” I smiled, “Would you like to sit down? My friends are being freakishly slow.” He sat down and we were talking about...you know, random stuff. Typical for Jamestown students. [BTW: in case I haven’t mentioned this before, the town I live in is NOT called Jamestown. Which is why I think the school is totally randomly named. Once I asked the principal why our school was called Jamestown and he said that he THINKS (notice how even he doesn’t know foshows, umm...foshows is for sures...anyway...) that the founder of the school was named James and he wanted the school to be like a town, a small community where everyone got along and helped each other and lived near each other. He got his wish, I suppose, ‘cause everyone at our school is closer to one another than grapes on a vine.] So ANYWAY, we were talking about random stuff and then Laurie and Phil walked up and Phil got all overprotective of me, which made my heart do flippies of course, but it was REALLY AWKWARD. Phil was all, “Who’s your FRIEND June?” (I’m pretty sure he said that through gritted teeth,) to which Justin replied, (with a slight eye squint,) “I’m Justin. I’m new here.” Phil looked at me and said, “Did you two just meet?” to which I obviously replied, “No. I met him yesterday after some pile of toxic waste ran over my toes with his bike and I yelled at him that he was a pile of toxic waste and was going to grow up to become a cat lady.” Phil and Laurie were, of course, totally not phased at all by the fact that I yelled that at a random stranger, whereas Justin laughed out loud. So then the rest of lunch was kind of super awkward ‘cause Laurie and I were being totally silent as Phil kind of glared at Justin and Justin kept glancing over at me like, “make him stop!” which I obviously couldn’t do. So that was just the most awkward lunch I have ever experienced.


So now the question of whether or not Phil likes me is pretty much certified. He does. No one acts like a dad when a girl talks to another guy unless they are the girl’s boyfriend, or the guy who has a crush on them and goes to school at Jamestown, (only Jamestown kids are that overprotective over their crush,) or if they actually are the girl’s dad. I told Laurie that I knew that Phil liked me and I just wanted to know if he was actually going to ask me to the dance or not, and she said (hallelujah moment,) that he was thinking about asking me but he was too nervous. “However,” she said, “after that little performance at lunch, I’m pretty sure he’s gonna try and ask you before that other guy does,” to which I replied, “Oh, I don’t think Justin likes me,” to which she replied, “I beg to differ.” And then we ranted about how much Justin resemble an Abercrombie & Fitch model. After only three days at Jamestown, Justin already has a nickname: A & F.


TEE HEE!


C.T.I.R.,

Junebug D.I.C.


© 2009


No comments:

Post a Comment