Thursday, September 24, 2009

Broken Glass, Broken Hearts part 33

"NO! NO, NO, NO, NO!" Milly yelled as my grandma and I told her about the move. "I'm NOT moving! Not again! Not with them! I'm not living with them!" she yelled as loud as possible. Milly had hated our parents since they broke up, and she refused to ever forgive them. Not that I had forgiven them, either. She was just a little more forceful about it. "Honey," grandma started. Milly cut her off, "I'm NOT moving back with them and there's NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!" She screamed and ran up the long staircase, slamming her bedroom door. I whinced. "Sweetheart," my grandma called up the staircase. I walke dinto the kitchen and pulled my self a cup of milk. "Give it up, grandma, the girl's not moving," I said before I took a long chug of the milk. Grandma sent me a death glare. I put my hands up, "Alright, alright! Suit yourself." Her eyes narrowed. I sighed and goraned, "I'll go talk to her." Grandma smiled, "Thank you, deary! I'm going to make some cookies." I rolled my eyes and trudged up the endless staircase. That staircase never made any sense to me. It was really, really long and once you got to the top, there was Milly's room. Just Milly's room. If you're going to have a house that could fit four floors, you might as well have a hallway with a lot of rooms. I knocked on Milly's door. "Milly?" I yelled over the Good Charlotte balsting in her room. "GO AWAY!" she yelled. I sighed, "Milly, its just me. Let me in." She opened the door and fell backwards onto the mattress on her floor. "I can't believe this! I don't want to move! Especially with them!" she yelled. I sighed and fell down on the bed next to her. "That makes two of us," I replied, staring up at the huge Good Charlotte and My Chemical Romance posters on her ceiling. She sighed and said, "You can't tell anyone this, but I think Jake is gonna ask me out. I don't want to move right now!" I sighed too, wanting to say, "Don't tell anyone this, but I think I might ask Angela out, and I don't want to move right now either!" but instead saying, "I can't believe they didn't give us any warning."
"I know!" she shrieked, "I can't believe this! They haven't called in forever and now they think they can just prance up and say, "Hey! You're moving in with us!" I nodded. Milly sat up and turned her music up. It blared into my ears. Personally, I didn't think it was particularly comforting, but it was her room, her rules. She sighed and lay back down next to me. "I don't want to leave," she whispered, her eyes filling with water. I turned to face her as she said, "I was finally starting to be happy again. And now its ruined." My heart melted. I couldn't bare this. I stroked her hair, something that normally would have freaked both of us out, and said, "Its ok. We'll get through this together." She smiled weakly at my cheesy rescue line and said, "Yea, let's hope so."

© 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment