Monday, September 7, 2009

The Beautiful Motion of Life entry 3

"I'm thinking red roses," Sarah says as she bites into a cookie. Holly look at her in shock. "What?" she asks. Sarah shrugs, "Well, they're really beautiful, and they represent true love, right?" Holly blinks, "Yea...but...roses? Down the aisle? Won't the thorns poke me?" Sarah shrugs again and says, "You could always cut them off."
"I was thinking more towards lilies or something," Holly's sister puts in. Holly wrinkles her nose, "No. Definitely not. No lilies."
"Why not?"
"Because."
"Because why?" I look at all the girls surrounding the kitchen table and say, "Do I really need to be here for this?" Sarah blinks at me and says, "You're the groom." Holly laughs at me and says, "Go. Go stare at cars or watch sports or something." I smile and say, "This is why I'm marrying her," to Sarah. Sarah rolls her eyes. I kiss Holly's head and walk out the door. Honestly, why did they invite me in the first place? Its not like its a requirement for the groom to be there for every aspect of the wedding planning. I'm not allowed at the dress choosing sessions. I get into my truck and drive down to Starbucks. "Hey, Sean," Tony says as I walk in. "Hey," I say. "I just escaped flower choosing." Tony laughs, "Congratulations. What can I get you?"
"Just black," I say. Tony nods and turns to face the coffee machines. I sit down at a small round table and sigh heavily. I can't believe I'm getting married. I can't believe wedding planning is so complicated. Honestly, why is it so hard to get a dress and a cake, walk down the aisle, and call it a done deal? "Coffee's ready, Sean," Tony calls out to me. I walk over to the counter, mumble thanks, and exit the coffee shop.
I walk into the furniture store with Holly and she widens her eyes. "I don't want to do this," she moans. I laugh and wrap my arm around her shoulders, "That makes two of us, dear." Holly's sister pushes us forward and says, "Come on you guys, you might as well get this over with quickly."
"Um...what is this?" I ask holding up a piece of plastic with a hole to hold it with. Holly's sister rolls her eyes. "Honestly, Sean," she sighs, "that's a cutting board." I raise an eyebrow and turn to Holly. "Do we need this?" I ask. She looks at it and turns to her sister. Her sister makes a loud huffing noise and says, "Yes, you need it." I turn around and continue looking through various kitchenware.
We finally exit the store and Holly breathes a sigh of relief. I smile at her and say, "Tired?" She yawns and nods. I kiss her head and say, "Get some sleep. See you tomorrow." She kisses me lightly, sending a chill through my body, and says, "See you tomorrow, good lookin'."

© 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment