Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Broken Glass, Broken Hearts part 27

Tyler turned my dad's huge armchair so that it faced the rest of the living room. He sat down in it and watched me as I rushed around, picking up plastic cups and paper plates, mopping up spills of punch and water, putting lamps back on tables and putting CDs back in their cases. "If it wasn't your birthday," I said as I wiped sweat from my forehead and continued mopping up a sticky, unknown substance, "I would be making you help me with this." He laughed, "Well then! Its a good thing it IS my birthday, 'cause I'm really enjoying this." I smacked him on the shoulder. "Jerk!" I half yelled-half laughed. He smiled.

She finished cleaning her house and ran upstairs. "What are you doing?" I called up to her. "Changing my clothes!" she yelled back down. "Why?" I asked. I heard her sigh and smiled as she said, "Well, one, because they're sticky and disgusting, and two because I want to do something with you for your birthday." I laughed, "You already threw me this mess of a party!" She ran down the stairs in a light blue sundress, although it was about 9:30 PM. Her hair was down and swiftly surrounded her face. She was so beautiful. I didn't even know someone could be that beautiful. She smiled at me and said, "I was thinking we could do something else, too, since this party failed so epically." I laughed and put my arm around her shoulder. "Don't beat yourself up," I said, "I had a good time." Then a brilliantly pointless idea came to me. "Hey!" I said with excitement. She narrowed her eyes at me, "Yea?"
"We should find these Lola and Trace people and give them back their cake!" I said with enthusiasm. She made a face at me and glanced into the kitchen. I did too and saw that the cake box was licked clean. I laughed, "Ok, then we'll just return the card." She made a face at me again, "How do you plan on finding them?" she asked. I smiled, "It shouldn't be that hard." She groaned, "I was thinking more towards we go out to dinner or go see a movie or something like that." I frowned, "But this will be so much more fun!" She looked at me for a moment, I gave her a puppy dog face, and groaned again and said, "Fine."
"Yes!" I yelled in triumph. She groaned yet again, "But you have to promise that if it gets too late, you'll bring me home." I nodded sincerely and put one hand on my heart, "I promise."
I pushed Angela into my car and we drove around town for the rest of the night asking random people on the street if they knew the location of Trace or Lola's house. Most people asked, "Trace who?" or "Lola who?" but obviously we didn't have that kind of information. By the time we found out Lola's address, it was about midnight and Angela told me, "Midnight is WAY too late to show up at the house of someone who has absolutely no idea who you are."
"Ok," I replied simply, "Then we'll come back tomorrow." She groaned as I laughed and said, "I'll pick you up tomorrow at four."
"I hate you."
"Oh, I know."

1 comment:

  1. We must talk about this wonderful mixture!!!! What if u wright something that doesnt fit with wat i write........... dat would be bad.....


    So lets talk, or email about it. U can call my cell off chelsea's phone.


    I'll send you a preview of my next chapter where they meet, then we can edit the details together

    ReplyDelete