Friday, September 4, 2009

Broken Glass, Broken Hearts part 28

I finished my homework and glanced half-heartedly at my clock. It was 4:03. I looked down at my math book and slammed it shut, glad to be done for the day. Just as the cover crashed down with a loud noise, a horn blared outside my house. I jumped. I walked over to the window, my heart still racing from the shock of the horn, and saw Tyler sitting outside in his beat up car. He waved enthusiastically and I started to make my way down the stairs. "Hiya!" he said as I closed the front door behind me and started walking down the stone path to the little front gate. I opened the gate and he said, "Sorry I'm so late, I had homework I had to finish." I rolled my eyes, "As if three minutes is so late." He raised one eyebrow, "Three?! I thought I was only two minutes late! Boy, I sure am sorry!" He smiled mischievously and I couldn't help but smile back.

We pulled in front of the back of Lola's house and I spotted a trampoline. "Hey, cool!" I said. "What's cool?" Angela asked, leaning over me to see out my window. I could smell her hair and I had to hold my breath so that my heart wouldn't play tricks on me. "We're not going on that," she said, as if reading my mind. I frowned babyishly. "Whyyyy?" I whined. "Because its not ours!" she said helplessly. She looked once again at my puppy dog expression and sighed, "Fine. But if they catch us, it was all your idea." I smiled, "Yay!” We got out of the car and I ran over to the trampoline. She watched me jumping for a minute, keeping her hands on her hips but not being able to keep the smile off her lips. "Come on!" I begged like a little child. She walked over to the trampoline and seemed to question how to get onto it. I grabbed her arms and pulled her up. I started jumping, forcing her to jump with me, and we broke into a fit of laughter. We heard noise coming from the house and immediately jumped off. I walked over to the back door and Angela followed slowly. I knocked and a boy about my age turned around, looking extremely surprised, and walked over to open the door. "Um..." he said. "Hi!" I replied cheerfully, "Is Lola here?"

© 2009

2 comments: