Friday, September 10, 2010

Sienna's Book Reviews #3: Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater

*****Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater

Ballad, by my third favorite author, (sorry, Maggie, but Austen and Meyer come first...haha that sounds like that sausage company or whatever,) is the sequel to Lament. Now, I loved Lament. I didn't love it nearly as much as I loved Shiver or Linger, but I loved it. One of the things I loved about it was the main character's hilariously sarcastic and witty best friend James. So, reading a book that was basically all about James (and a new girl, but that's a different story...or, well, it's not, but it is in this review,) was pretty much awesome. I went in with high expectations (I am a huge Stiefvater junkie,) and I was not disappointed. It's funny, dark, mysterious and romantic all at once. James's humor is a lot like mine only much more witty because he's a book character and doesn't have to come up with things on the spot. ;) Nuala, the girl, is also funny and fascinating. This book has the perfect mix of mystery, romance, horror, and comedy. Simply lovely.

My age recommendation for readers: 13+

© 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment