Monday, February 1, 2010

Broken Glass, Broken Hearts part 48

"I'm not very good at hiking."
"It's hiking. How can you be bad at hiking? It's just walking!"
"Long distances, though. I'm not good at walking long distances."
"Now that is just sad. This hike is less than a mile! That's not a long distance."
"But-"
"No buts. We are doing this, whether you like it or not."
"Hey! You don't have control over me!"
"Who has the steering wheel?"
"Yea, well, I could always jump out and run in the other direction."
"And in order to get back to your house you would have to walk about three times as much as you have to walk for this hike."
"Well, if it's to prove my independence..." He raised and eyebrow, eyeing me as I trailed off. "Ok, so I probably wouldn't do it."
"That's what I thought." He laughed and pulled into a sand parking lot. "Shall we go?" I sighed and got out of the car as Sean chuckled at me.

"I hate this place," Millie groaned as she sat on my bed, picking up my tennis ball and bouncing it against the wall. I yawned and sat up, "Good morning, Millie!" She raised an eyebrow as she looked at me from underneath the wet, messy hair covering her eyes. "You're in a good mood."
"And you just took a shower. Glad we're so observant today." I smiled and jumped out of bed, ruffling her hair and walking into the bathroom. "What's up with you?" Millie called from my room, still bouncing my tennis ball against the wall. "Nothing's up with me. I'm just in a good mood."
"Well that's random and annoying. What is there to be in a good mood about? This place sucks." I came out of the bathroom to look at her, washcloth in hand, mid face-wash. "Maybe you should just try to give this place a chance." She groaned, "Oh, please don't you dare give me that. This place sucks and you know it!" I sighed and went back into the bathroom. "Maybe you'll meet some new peop-"
"I'm going out. See you later, Mr. Optimistic. Let me know when my brother comes home." I sighed, "What's wrong with being optimistic?" I called after her as she walked toward the front door. "Bye, dude!" she called back. The front door slammed and I sighed, hanging up the wash cloth and staring at my reflection. Why was I suddenly changing moods? Was it because of Sadie? I sighed. I didn't know what I thought of Sadie. She was funny, kind, and really pretty. But...I don't know. She was no...Angela.

© 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment