Thursday, February 11, 2010

Enclosed part 7 (short story)

Violet got up and ran up the stairs, tripping about five times. "This family," I muttered, chuckling as I got up and walked over to the stairs. I walked once again to the third floor and walked into the guest room. I wasn't sure exactly why we had all suddenly headed up the stairs and settled in our rooms, but...I sat down on the bed and looked around. "Um," I said. I smiled, "Um..." I said a little louder. "Um," I yelled. "UM!!!" I hollered at the top of my lungs. "WHAT?!" Violet screamed. I laughed, skipped out of the guest room, skipped down the stairs to the second floor, (also tripping about five times, but in a smaller span of stairs,) and opened the door to her room dramatically. "Where are your parents, young lady?" I hollered in her face. She blinked.
There is a lot of blinking going on here.
"Um...I think they're in Hawaii." I blinked, (see what I mean?!), "You think they're in Hawaii? Isn't that something you should be positive of?" She shrugged and walked out of her room, crossed the hallway, and through open the door to Mitch's room. "Hey, Mitch?"
"Thanks for knocking, sis."
"Yea, no problem. Where're mom and dad?"
"The Caribbean. Second honeymoon. Is that the fifteenth time I've told you that today?"
"What are you doing in here?" Violet asked, ignoring his question and sitting on his bed. "Well, I was going to change my clothes, but seeing as their a girl in my room-"
"Oh, Mitch, silly boy, I saw you in diapers."
"That's because you were in diapers at the same time, doofus. And I wasn't talking about you." They both turned, (quite dramatically, I might add,) and glared in my direction. I stepped over the borderline to his room and put my hands over my eyes, "I'm not looking!"
"SHE'S PEAKING!" Violet hollered, jumping up and lunging across the room to me. Mitch took the opportunity to also lunge across, the room...and push Violet out, slamming and locking the door behind her. "You're a poop!" she yelled. "Go downstairs!" he yelled back, "I'll be there in a minute!"
"Do you want barbecue chips?" Violet asked me, pausing in braiding my hair, (which she did not ask my permission to do before she started.) "Um...aren't you guys going to have, like, dinner or something?"
"Or something."
"Funny."
"That's what they tell me!" Violet jumped up, allowing my hair to fall out of the braid she just concentratedly put together, pulling my hair out of my skull in the process. I laugh/sighed and got up, following her to the kitchen and sitting down on one of the bar stools in fornt of the counter. "I'll order pizza," Violet told me. I nodded, "Ok. Yum." She called the pizza place and ordered two large pepperoni pizzas, [not asking for my input, (it's a good thing I'm not a vegetarian.)] Mitch came downstairs then, dressed in jeans a baggy sweatshirt. "You changed?" I asked. "Shut up," he replied with a smile.

© 2010

3 comments:

  1. luuuuvvv iiittt. I thot violet was supposed to be the mean girl thooo. -grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like this one a lot! and its a really long long long short story but i keep wanting more! (u know wut this means... CONTINUE!) :) :) :) -grace :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha thank you Grace and it is supposed to be a long short story it might end up being kind of a novella and Violet isn't exactly mean she's just usually quiet and kind of rude but her and the main character act really different than they usually do because they are opening up and stuff haha :)

    ReplyDelete