Friday, February 26, 2010

Lovely, Lazy, Hot, and Not part 5

Venice
Friday comes, and I walk into the school with mixed emotions. Nervous about the party, happy because of the party, and worried because the new kid was going to be there. "Venice!" that now-familiar british voice yells to me. Speaking of the devil. I turn, "Hey, Russel," I say coldly. He laughs, "Oh, just wait, you'll drop your grudge for me."
"Right," I reply sarcastically. I roll my eyes and we walk into the math class room.
I walk into the science class room just as class starts. I sit down quickly in front of James and he smiles at me as I slide into the chair. I swallow a groan and face the board. "Hey, Venice," James whispers. I close my eyes, irritated. "Hi," I reply, colder than I had greeted Russel. James peels back a bit, but then goes on to say, "So you going to Thomas's party tonight?" I freeze and spin in my chair, "What?" I growl quietly through my teeth. He jumps back slightly and says, "Uh, Thomas's...party...are you going?" I narrow my eyes, "Are you?" He swallows, "Um," swallow, "yea." I blink and pull back a bit. "You are?" I ask, confused. He nods. I turn back the board and whisper, "Who else is going?" I see him shrug from the corner of my eye, "I don't know. Samantha, I think," of course. Anywhere Russel goes, Samantha is sure to follow. Honestly, he's been here three days and already she's obsessed with him. "So, then Mimi and Gigi are going, too," I whisper, spitting their names. James nods, "That was my guess." Mimi and Gigi-yes, those really are there names, and yes, they really are best friends- are inseparable- form each other and from Samantha. They follow her everywhere. Of course, they're not the only ones. Every 'Spirit Horse' club member follows around Samantha Pickens. Spirit Horse is the school's riding team. I love riding, but I'm not professional at it, and I certainly don't want to be on any team that Samantha Pickens leads. The Spirit Horse members act like they're the 'popular people', but in reality, it's Marley, Erica, and all their followers that are the real 'populars'. They're richer than everyone else and more hardcore than everyone else-and crueler than everyone else. They are the most typical high school populars in the world- except, of course, for their country accents, ranches, and 'barn parties' instead of night clubs.
Oh, the country life.
"I heard Gene saying he was going, and some of his friends agreed with him." Ok, here's the thing about Gene- he's a genius, always raising his hand in class and turning assignments in early, he dreams of attending Yale, he says words like 'justifiably' in normal conversations, he wears large, round glasses... and so on and so forth. However, he is also the fastest jockey in town, he plays football and basketball, he has gorgeous blue eyes and a strong, built body, and he is dating Marley. Weird, I know, but it's the truth. "So pretty much the whole junior class is going to be there," I whispered harshly, shocked and annoyed. He paused, and then said, "Pretty much, yea."
"Fabulous."
"I don't know if that was sarcastic or not."
"Neither do I."

© 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment