Friday, January 8, 2010

Juvy part 9

"So what'd you do, Girl?"
"Excuse me?"
"What'd you do that got you in here?" Juvy asked, once again playing with my hair, (a habit of his.) "I don't know if that's any of your business." He put on a hurt face and said, "Excuse me? Are you saying we're not close enough to be sharing secrets?"
"Alright, Juvy, you want to play that game? What'd you do."
"None of your business."
"Hey!" He laughed as I took a whack at hitting his head and he dodged my hand. He pulled up close to me, clenching my hair in one of his fists and pulling my head close to his with the the other. He placed his lips right by my ear and whispered, "I like you, Girl." I smiled and turned my head so that I could see his eyes, "I like you too." I pulled his face close to mine and pressed my lips on his cheek. When I pulled away, his face was empty. Expressionless. I watched as his eyes slowly softened, revealing an unexpected emotion...misery. "What's wrong?" I asked, pulling away farther, taking my hands off his cheeks. He sighed, "Nothing."
"What is it?" He sighed again, heavier this time, and stared off at the trees outside the fence. "Its just...I feel like at any moment, you'll be gone. Like you could slip through my fingers at any time."
"Why would you think that?" He furrowed his eyebrows, "I say it out of experience," he replied, almost angrily. I wanted to ask what he meant, but I thought it best not to. I put my hand once again on his cheek and said, "I'm not going anywhere." He laughed, "Well, yea, until your sentence is over." I laughed too, "Sentence. You make me sound like a murderer." He furrowed his eyebrows again, looking at the ground. My heart stopped. "What?" I choked out, my throat suddenly closing up. "Nothing." He smiled up at me, "Well, see you later, Girl." He walked away, and I just watched him, trying to look calm as my body was overwhelmed by the strongest sense of fear I had ever felt in my life. My hands were sweating, and I felt heat run up my spine. What was that about?
What had Jude done to get here?

© 2010

2 comments:

  1. write more lazy poop :P
    ive been checking this thing 4 ever and nothing new. I AM FURIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I have been writing mostly in a story that I don't post on my blog...I'm going to write tonight though n_n

    ReplyDelete