Thursday, January 21, 2010

Broken Glass, Broken Hearts part 45

This post is dedicated to my theater geek best friend. I love you, Fumf! (Why yes, her name is Fumf. Spelled Famfi, actually, but I will never spell it right because it is pronounced Fumfy and therefore should be spelled f-u-m-f-y. So there.)

"We should do something today," I said, sticking the yogurt-coated spoon in my mouth. Sadie looked at me as she dipped her spoon into the bowl we were sharing. "Like what?" she asked as she licked the yogurt off the bottom and the edges of her spoon before putting the whole thing in her mouth. "What's playing right now?" She wrinkled her nose and shook her head, dipping her spoon in the bowl again as I reached for the chocolate sprinkles and poured more of them into the bowl. "I don't want to go the movies."
"Is the pool open?" She looked at me like I was crazy, "Its february. There's snow on the ground."
"So?"
"So...you don't go swimming when there's snow on the ground." I huffed as I overflowed my spoon with yogurt, "Ok, fine. Then what should we do?" She paused, touching her spoon to her lip and putting on an expression of serious thought. I smiled. "Well, we could...we could go to Ireland." I blinked. "Um. Ireland?"
"Mhm," she nodded, dipping her spoon back into the bowl and acting as if going to Ireland was totally a normal thing to do when you're bored. "I was thinking more along the line of staying in the country, actually." She rolled her eyes and laughed, "Not Ireland the country, stupid. Ireland the theater."
"I thought you didn't want to go to the movies."
"Not that kind of theater! Sheesh! Haven't you ever seen a play at Ireland?" I raised an eyebrow, "I've lived here for under a month, Hawk," I said simply, using the pet name I had given her. She waved off the statement, "That doesn't make a difference. There's no excuse for not having seen a play at The Ireland."
"Well then, let's go."
"Alright."
"You can just go on this short of notice?"
"Well, yea, you can buy tickets at the door. Its a local theater, not Broadway."
"And they just have a play everyday?" Sadie rolled her eyes, "Of course not, stupid. They put one on every other Saturday."
"And today is that Saturday?"
"Indeed it is."
"Excellent."

© 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment