Thursday, June 25, 2009

Broken Glass, Broken Hearts (short story) part 9

Monday before school I found myself going out of my way to look good. Something to do with Tyler? Definitely. I put on jean shorts and a white flow v-neck shirt with a blue rose pattern around the neck cut and sleeve ends. I put on mascara and a light layer of clear lip gloss. I brushed out my hair and smiled at my reflection. I had put my hair into one thick braid before I went to bed on friday night, and I had left it in all weekend. My hair was curly. I slipped on white flip flops from Charlotte Russe and walked out of the door. I was about to walk over to the bus stop when someone drove up in a small black car. They rolled down the window and I smiled widely when I saw the driver. "Hey!" Tyler said, "Need a ride?" I smiled and nodded. Tyler got out and opened his passenger door for me. I got into the car, shivering slightly. "Are you cold?" he asked. "Its fine. Its just kinda chilly outside, you know. No biggy."
"Here," he said, taking off his black leather jacket and handing it to me. "Its ok-" I started to say. "Take it," he interrupted. I couldn't help but grin as I slipped the jacket over my sleeveless shirt. I felt totally cliche, but I didn't mind. The leather worked well with my outfit, surprisingly. "You look beautiful," he said. I blushed, and he quickly said, "Uh...in that jacket!" I laughed, "Yea, guys' leather jackets really work on me." He smiled. We pulled into the parking lot at school and he opened my door for me. If it was possible, I felt like there was more people staring now than there was on Tyler's first day at this school. Even TEACHERS were staring. People just stopped walking and stared at us. I felt like I was walking down a red carpet. Having his jacket on was not helping at all. "Not going out, huh?" Selena mumbled with a laugh as  we walked past her and Jayd. Edwin Drawe looked at Tyler and wiggled his eyebrows. Tyler blushed like a red rose. Some people started rolling their eyes as we past them, and Tyler's reaction to this was very surprising to me. He grinned, in a slightly mischievous way,  and put his arm around me. My eyes widened. I heard a few gasps and held back a laugh as I realized that shocking people was just what Tyler was aiming for. He sure got what he wanted.
At lunch,  Tyler grabbed my hand and whisked me to our table. I sat down and he sat down next to me. He put his around my shoulders and I laughed, "What are you doing?" I whispered. "Watch," he said. He leaned it toward me and whispered, "When I back up, you laugh. In a girly way? Ok?" I nodded. He leaned away from me and I giggled. I looked around to see what everyone's reaction was, and everyone was staring at us and whispering. I laughed, "You are a true genius. But what's the point of this?"
"Nothing," he said as he took a bite of his pizza, "its just REALLY fun." 

I may have been doing those things to get a reaction, but it wasn't like I didn't enjoy them. Having my arm around Angela's shoulders was like heaven on earth. And her giggle was the most adorable thing I had ever heard. UGH! Why couldn't I just tell her? I wasn't doing any of this to get attention! I was...madly in love! There. I said it. I was madly in love! After school, Angela grabbed my hand and walked with me to the parking lot. "Angela?" I asked. She turned to me, "Yea?" I blanked out. I had to say something. "Do you want go to dinner with me this weekend?" She blinked, "You mean...on a date?"
"Um..."
"Well, my parents aren't home, and I don't like making dinner, so yea, I'll have dinner with you," she said with a smile. It was so frustrating! Did she like me...the way I liked her? She smiled and got into the passenger seat of my car. I closed my eyes and breathed in. "Don't hurry it, Tyler," I said to myself, "don't hurry it." I opened my eyes and got in the driver's seat.


No comments:

Post a Comment