Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ironic, Isn't It?

Hawk     Auditions...sigh.

I walked into the school and headed for my first class. Well, actually... I ran to school. As I always did. It happened the same way every morning. My parents would wake up and feed Charlotta, completely forgetting to wake me. (Charlotta is my baby sister. She’s ten months old.) So, as always, I jumped out of bed at like, seven thirty, yelled down to the kitchen that they forgot to wake me up again, (adding an, “ON THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY OF MY LIFE!!!” today,) then I threw on some clothes, grabbed an apple, and ran out the door, forgetting to say bye. I ran down the street, up “The Dreaded Hill”, (that’s what my friend Carlisle used to call it, until he moved all the way to LA,) and then took a short cut through the elementary school to get to my first class. Ms. Darson, my choir teacher, always blows up at me for being “Tardy AGAIN! Will the madness never stop! Mr. Cooper, you are pressing my patience.”, and then she would go on with the class like nothing even happened. I don’t understand that woman. Today though, was slightly different, because today, she threatened what she knew was my one hope and dream, to solo in the Choir concert. “Mr. Cooper, if you were really serious about soloing in the Choir concert, then you wouldn’t be late on such an IMPORTANT day! You almost missed Jaymie’s audition! Now would you PLEASE have a seat so we can get on with this.” 
Jaymie. Jaymie was here. Ooooohhh man. My stage fright was already the worst in the world. I did NOT need HER to be there and make it even worse. 
I have nothing against Jaymie, actually, it’s quite the opposite. That’s the problem. I am madly and insanely in love with Jaymie, though I’m certain she has no idea I exist, other than knowing me as “the late kid”, like everybody else. In fact, I’m fairly sure that NOBODY at this school knows me as anything else. I have no friends... I used to have Carlisle, until his mom decided that she wanted to go into the acting business and they had to move to LA. She’s playing Esme in the movie Twilight. Ironic, isn’t it? Well, that is if you’ve read Twilight you know it’s ironic... I’m pretty sure I’m the only boy in the school who likes, or has read for that matter, the book, but I can really relate to Edward, well... not really but- My thoughts were cut off by the sound of Jaymie singing. Her voice was like that of an angel. She was singing the song Love Story by Taylor Swift, her favorite musician/singer. (I had overheard... or well, I had been eavesdropping when I heard her mention that.) “Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone, I’ll be waiting, all there’s left to do is run, you’ll be the prince and I’ll be the princess, its a 
love story baby just say yes.” Was I imagining it? Was she looking at ME 
while she sang these words? I squeezed my eyes shut and then opened them again, only to find her staring still into my eyes, her cheeks reddening as she suddenly looked away, staring directly at the wall. I must have been hallucinating. True, when I first came here, a lot of girls had been interested in me. They had all thought I was attractive, I suppose. But they grew tired of me when I had stated that I didn’t date. I could have fairly well been one of the “popular” kids if I had liked, but that statement had kicked me right off the social ladder. Not even on the bottom of the ladder, but completely off the ladder, where the janitors don’t see you and accidentally throw you away. (I had heard that strange metaphor in a book once, I cant’ remember what it was called... oh well.) Once again, my thoughts had taken off with me, and I was caught by surprise when Ms. Darson called me up, announcing that I would be singing Check Yes Juliet by We the Kings. Ironic isn’t it? Jaymie’s song was also a Romeo and Juliet song. Except her song was from Juliet’s point of view, and mine was from Romeo’s...hmm... ironic.
And they were both asking the other to run away with them... wow. VERY ironic. “Lace up your shoes, Eh Oh Eh Oh, Here’s how we do: Run, baby, run, don’t ever look back, they’ll tear us apart if, you give them the chance. Don’t sell your heart, don’t say, we’re not meant to be. Run, baby, run! Forever will be, you and me. You and me. You and me.” By the end of the song, I felt myself staring at Jaymie, happy at first, at her shocked/impressed expression, then EXTREMELY embarrassed when she started trying to hold back a laugh. Fate was out to get me. 



















          Jaymie   Ironic, isn’t it?

I found myself holding back a laugh as he stared at me. Fate was seriously messing with my mind. His face turned turnip red, and I felt a pang of guilt, but I couldn’t help myself. It was just TOO ironic. The night before, I had dreamed that almost this exact thing would happen. Well, I had also had the dream when I was in like, third grade. I had dreamed that I would be desperately in love with someone. Or at least, I would think that I was. Then, there would be auditions. (For the Choir concert.) A boy would get up there and sing that song, Check Yes Juliet, (funny, that song hadn’t even existed when I had that dream in third grade... dang I could have made a lot of money off of that!) and I would fall madly in love with this boy, even more than I had been in love with the other boy. Until this day, I had always expected that Hawk would be the boy from before the auditions, but, as it turns out, he’s BOTH!! Oh boy. Of course, I don’t know why I hadn’t figure this out. Most of the dreams I had came true, but they were always a little off. Like the time that I dreamt Ellen would fall off her horse and break her leg. I went to the side of the horse she had fallen off of in my dream to catch her, but she ended up falling off the other side and breaking her arm, not her leg. I don’t know why I was so certain that this particular dream would happen exactly the way I had dreamt it. It never worked that way. Wow. That’s ironic. 
When I was younger, I told my best friend Lucy about the dreams I had and how they always ended up coming true, but not exactly the way I dreamed them. She said I needed to get my head checked. That night, I dreamed about Lucy. Lucy was laying on her kitchen floor and her head was bleeding insanely. Blood was dripping off of the corner of the counter next to her. I was standing over her and calling 911. The ambulance came and saved her. The next day I told Lucy about my dream and asked if I could come over so that I could call the ambulance when she got injured. She backed away from me and asked if I had watched a horror movie before I went to bed. When I told her I hadn’t, she said I absolutely could NOT come over to her house that afternoon. The next day, Lucy didn’t show up at school. I called her home and her mother said that Lucy was in the hospital. When I asked why Lucy was in the hospital, Lucy’s mother told me that Lucy had hit her head on the corner of a table and she hadn’t been discovered until at least an hour later when her sister got home, and by then the injury had was very bad and she had lost a lot of blood. When Lucy did come back to school, she avoided me and once in a while shot me frightened glances, switching schools after a while. That’s when I decided not to tell anybody about my little “gift”. 

© 2009

Dear readers of my blog,

Just so you know, I wrote this entry quite a while ago, so it is probably a little bit less...shall we say 'sophisticated' than the rest of my entries. I wrote it right after I read the novel Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. This story was originally going to be very similar to that story, but I decided not to continue it because I didn't want my book to be a less professional and less amazing rewrite of Twilight. Thanks for reading my blog!

Sincerely,
Sienna




No comments:

Post a Comment