Thursday, June 25, 2009

Broken Glass, Broken Hearts (short story) part 8

I walked up to the gym holding Angela's hand. She looked nervous as I handed two tickets to the high school vice principal. "Don't worry," I whispered to her as I pulled her with me into the gym. It was dark and there were multi-colored lights shining on the floor. "I've never been to one of these..." she started to say. "One second," I replied. I let go of her hand and walked over to the DJ. I handed him my iPod. "Could you play the fifth track?" I asked him. He nodded and plugged in my iPod. The song 'All the Above' started to play. I offered her my hand, "I don't think this song is for slow dancing..." she whispered to me. "If we go in the middle of the room under the lights, then I think it will become a slow dance song," I said. She smiled and blushed as I pulled her through the clumps of people. We stopped in the middle of the room and started dancing. I twirled her and she laughed. "I didn't know you could dance," she said as she laughed. "There's a lot about me you don't know," I said. She laughed.

Sure enough, people started slow dancing around us. Maybe not as well as Tyler and I, but they were trying. Tyler was amazing! "Where did you learn to dance like this?" I asked him between giggles. "You know, here and there," he said. I laughed as he lifted me up in a ballerina position and spun me three times. By now, everyone had basically stopped dancing and started staring at us as Tyler did all sorts of tricks. At that moment, I was extremely thankful that I had taken ballet most of my life.

Everyone stared at me as I tried every trick I knew with Angela. She laughed and I smiled widely. I loved her laugh. I wished that this moment could last forever. The song ended and I pulled Angela out of the middle of the room. The rest of the night was much more mellow, but it was still enjoyable. I grabbed my iPod as we left. I brought her home and walked her to her door. "Thank you," she said, "I feel like Cinderella." I laughed, "But you still have both shoes," I said. She laughed, "Yea, strangely. I thought they were gonna fall off when you picked me up. I smiled. She went on her tip toes and kissed me on the cheek. My eyes widened. "Thank you," she said. My eyes wouldn't go back to their normal size and she blushed and went inside. I stood there and stared at the door for a while. Eventually I composed myself and walked over to my car. I got into the driver's seat and couldn't hold it in any more. I screamed.

I was smiling as I walked into the kitchen and sat down at the counter. I watched Tyler through the front window. He stood there for a while. Then he got into his car. I looked down, and then suddenly he screamed and screeched off. I laughed. 

© 2009

1 comment:

  1. Hey sienna, your stories are amazing!!!! I luv ur short story, how do i be come a follower? I'll probably find out b4 u tell me. Keep writing!
    luv, ur pollypocket baby. XD figure it out.

    ReplyDelete