Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Broken Glass, Broken Hearts (short story) part 7

I walked into Tammy's house. "TAMMY?" I called. "IN HERE!" she screamed back. "Wha-" I started to say. "Ta-da! Our dresses!" Tammy said. I laughed and hugged her, "Tammy! They're so beautiful! Did you make these?" Tammy smiled and nodded, "Yup. Took me three weeks!" In front of me were two of the most amazing dresses I had ever seen. "This one is yours," Tammy said as she handed me my dress. It was short and black and white. The top/left side of it was white and the bottom/ right side of it was black. The split had white ruffles that had sparkles, silver jewels, and black roses on it. It was gorgeous! Tammy's dress was also short. It was tie-died on the top half. Then there was a sewn in silver belt that had a pattern of jewels on it. The bottom half was white with thin black material over it. "And here's the shoes..." Tammy said as she grabbed a shoe box out of her huge mound of material in her sewing room. She opened the shoe box and revealed two pairs of high heels. Mine were black pumps with white sparkles and five straps. Hers were platforms that were tie-died and sparkly. "Tammy! This is amazing! I love you!" She smiled, "I know. Are we going to be the most beautiful girls there or WHAT?" I laughed and nodded.
I sat on the couch in Tammy's sewing room and watched as she fixed a rip in her favorite shirt. "So, did anyone ask you yet?" she said abruptly. "Huh?" I asked, coming back from space. "Did anyone ask you yet? To the dance?"
"Oh. Um...yea."
"Really? Tell, tell!" she said. I smiled, "Tyler asked me," I said. "Aww!" she said. "Tell me more!"
"It was so cute! He was stuttering so much, I couldn't even tell what he was saying!"
"Man, he is totally in love with you," Tammy said. I laughed, "Hardly."
"No seriously!" she said. "You should see the way he stared at you today. He couldn't see anyone else, I swear." I blushed. "Maybe..." I said. "Just wait 'til tonight. You'll see." Tammy said with a smile. I smiled too.
I put on my suit and tried to straighten my tie. My older sister had come home for the day because she was so excited about my date for the dance. She said that Angela and I were a love story just waiting to be written. Jane ran into the room, totally giddy, and helped me straighten my tie. "Go, go! Don't keep her waiting!" she said. She waved goodbye as I backed out of the driveway in my dad's car. I drove to the street I knew Angela lived on and saw her standing outside her gate waiting for me. I pulled up in front of her and caught my breath. She was absolutely radiant. She had on an amazing dress and her hair was straightened. She had white eyeshadow on and it brought out her eyes. Her lips were bright red. "You look...amazing," I said as she got into the car. She blushed, "You're not so bad yourself," she replied.

© 2009






No comments:

Post a Comment