Monday, June 14, 2010

Broken Glass, Broken Hearts part 55

"You are possibly the single most beautiful person on the entire planet. That dress looks freakishly perfect on you."
"Seriously?" I asked, blushing and smiling slightly. "Oh my gosh. Are you Megan Fox's long lost twin sister? Jeez, you could've told me!" I laughed, "Uh, no. Angela Fox."
"Yea, you're right. That sounds unnatural."
"Freakishly." Selena laughed, "But seriously, that dress looks fabulous. You have to buy it. Besides it's only," she reached forward and pulled the tag out from inside the dress, looking at it, "Only twenty bucks! Geez, I freaking love Forever 21!"
"Can you say that in five different languages?" I asked in giddy agreement. "Um, no," Selena replied, looking confused. I laughed as I stepped back into the dressing room, "Me neither." I stood in the dressing room for a moment and gazed at the short blue and white tie-dyed strapless lace dress and the sparkles that perfectly loosened the bosom and hem of the dress. I smiled and changed back into my tank top.

"...engaged?"
"Yup."
"They're engaged."
"Mhm."
"And she didn't even tell you they were dating?!"
"She thought it was unecessary."
"Well, maybe at first, but once you get close enough to a guy that there's even the possibility of getting engaged, you'd think she would tell her family!"
"Maybe it was a sudden decision."
"That's not really a spur-of-the-moment kind of decision, Tyler." I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, "Yea, Hawk, I know. I don't know. I'll never understand girls."
"Me neither," Sadie sighed. I laughed, "You're weird, you know that?"
"Aw, shucks!" she replied. I laughed again and we walked into the mall. I groaned as she pushed me into Forever 21. "Why do I have to come shopping with you? Don't you have girl friends to shop with?"
"I'm straight, Tyler, and even if I was lesbian, I wouldn't have multiple girlfriends. Sheesh." I laughed and nudged her with my shoulder. She smiled and then squealed as she spotted the jewelry racks and ran over to them. I rolled my eyes and followed slowly behind her.
"Blue, red, or green?" Sadie asked, holding three matching shirts in front of her torso. I rose and eyebrow, "Uh..."
"Come on, just pick one."
"Um. Blue." Sadie sighed, "Yea, that's what I thought too."
"So then why'd you ask me?" She sighed dramatically, "Well, I really like the red one better, but I had a feeling the blue one was better for my complexion. So I figured I'd have to get a guy's opinion to seal the deal." She sticks out her bottom lip at me and pouts, "I was hoping you'd say red."
"Red's good, too."
"Yea, but you can only trust a guy's first instinct. After I've explained my predicament to you, you'll automatically only tell me what I want to hear. It's the nature of all guys." I raise an eyebrow, and then she adds, "Oh, well, I mean, the nature of all straight guys. Non-straights will tell you waht they really think always, but then, that's the same as just asking a girl their opinion."
"And what's wrong with that?"
"Well, if I wanted a girl's opinion, I could ask myself. And I did ask myself. Which is why I have to ask a guy, but only trust his first instinct reply. Do you get it now?" I gaped at her and shook my head, "Nope. Not at all." She sighed, "Yea, well, you don't really need to get it anyway. You'll never be in this predicament." I nodded, "There, I'll agree with you." She laughed and headed toward the check-out counter with the blue top.

© 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment