Thursday, April 22, 2010

:P

Well, no, I don't think this is going to become a regular thing...
Well, I missed 11:11 tonight. Bummer. Now I have to wait another twenty-three hours and... currently, 44 minutes, until I can make a wish again.
Or, at least, an 11: 11 wish.
Not much happened today... well, I mean, actually, a lot of stuff happened today, but not much that would interest non-existent people. (They're the hardest kind to impress.) What happens if you miss New Year's? Do you just not make a resolution?
Person #1: Hey, what was your new year's resolution?
Person #2: Oh, I didn't make one.
Person #1: What? Don't you want to help improve the planet by improving yourself?
Person #2: Well, yea, I'd love to, but I missed New Year's.
Person #1: Oh. Ok then.
Hm...that would be a great excuse for not doing things. "Hey, I thought you were going to set a goal to go to the gym more this year!"
"Oh, I was, but I missed New Year's."
"Oh. Right. Cool." Yea, I'm definitely gonna save that one.
Now it's time to move onto a new subject: teenagers.
Teenage girls all say that boys are impossible to figure out.
Teenage boys all say that girls are impossible to figure out.
Ok, well, here's something to ponder: THEY'RE GOING THROUGH PUBERTY. OF COURSE THEY'RE IMPOSSIBLE TO FIGURE OUT. You ever tried to get a girl to make photocopies when she's being hormonal? It ain't a pretty sight.
Of course, I wouldn't know. I've never done it. I'm just saying, it probably wouldn't be a pretty sight.
So, I re-read Pride and Prejudice recently, and now I'm reading Sense and Sensibility. As I read, I'm paying close attention to the language used so that I can use similar language in Visitors and Owners, my story that takes place in a time close to the life of Jane Austen. (Jane Austen is my hero, by the way.) If you've ever read Jane Austen, or anything else from that time period, you've probably noticed that the word "an" is used incorrectly a lot, (well, I mean, it was probably correct at the time, but it's incorrect now.) I payed close attention to this and noticed that most of the incorrectly-placed "ans" (...) are before words that start with the letter "h". So, here's my theory: Jane Austen was English. As in England, for those of you who are stupid. English people usually don't say the "h" in a word when they're talking. So they say something such as, "I hate hugs they make me too hot when I wear hats." Except they say, "I 'ate 'ugs they make me too 'ot when I wear 'ats." (They also say 'mum', but that's beside the point.) So anyway, the rule for the word "an" is that you put it before words with a vowel sound. For example, you have to use the word "an" before the word "hour", but not before the word "opossum", because though the word hour starts with a consonant, the pronunciation does not, and though the word opossum starts with a vowel, the pronunciation does not. So my theory is this: "an" was used before words that have vowel sounds to British people. I'm probably totally completely wrong and there's most likely a much more sophisticated and obvious reason why "ans" were placed so strangely, but I like my theory anyway, so I'm just gonna go ahead and keep thinking it. (Actually, maybe it's Australian people who don't pronunciate "h's"... whatever. Wait, why does pronunciate have a little red line underneath it while I'm typing it? Isn't that the write spelling? ...The computer says no guesses found. How is that possible? Wait, is pronunciate a word? Oh my gosh, I guess it's not. Wow. Everything I know is a lie.)
You learn something new every day...I did, but it was in school and had absolutely not relevancy to what I was just talking about. I learned quite a few things, actually... like click save every 15 milliseconds whenever you're doing anything on the computer, ever.

Song recommendation of the day (not that I'll do one of these every day): If My Heart Was a House by Owl City

But Sienna, you already recommended an Owl City song! Why yes, non-existent person, I did. And I could recommend MANY more, but since I know that if you actually payed attention to my last recommendation and listened to the song, you would be long addicted to the one-man-band of my future husband Adam Young, (he's even a strong Christian!) I find it pointless to tell you to listen to any more of their songs, because by now you'll have heard and memorized the majority of the lyrics to pretty much all of his songs. (Wow, THAT was a long and confusing sentence.) So, I guess I have to make another recommendation, since you already know that one... Furr by Blitzen Trapper. This song is pure brilliance, and this is coming from a person who hates all country music excepting Taylor Swift and a couple Carrie Underwood songs. If you've read the book Shiver, (which, if you haven't, you should... hey, book recommendation!) then you will truly be able to experience how amazing this song is and how much it just totally coincidentally relates to the book. Like, majorly.
Like. Like totally. Like. Like. Like.
Teenagers scare me. And I am one.

© 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment