Saturday, April 17, 2010

Devyn part 6

"Just a couple hours. Come on."
"No, Bubba, I'm not coming to your club. I don't like night clubs in the first place, and yours sucks. Sorry, Bubby."
"But Jus-tiiiiinnn!" he whined. "Nope. Bye bye." I hung up the phone and walked into the office. Diane looked up at me, glared, and looked back down at her computer. I walked into my cubicle and sighed, sitting down with coffee cup in hand and turning on my computer. My screensaver, a picture of Devyn standing outside the Colosseum with me on his back, sticking out my tongue and giving a hang-ten symbol to the camera, came on the screen. I smiled slightly at the memory and set down my coffee, getting to work.
"How many fingers am I holding up?"
"I don't know, Devyn, we're talking on the phone."
"Three."
"That's great."
"Mhm, I know" I heard a crash in the background and Devyn said, "Oh, Annie! Did you break
it?"
"Uh..."
"UGH! ANNIE! Sorry, Justin, I gotta go."
"Clearly. I'll talk to you later."
"Bye." I hung up the phone and walked into my apartment building, heading towards the elevator. "Afternoon, Justin!" Lenny, the guy who lived underneath me, said with a wide smile. I gave him a fake smile and looked back down at my phone, trying to figure out how to change my calendar to fit my board meeting. "You doing anything tonight?" Lenny asked. I looked up at him, surprised by the question. I blinked, and looked back down at my phone. "Um...no, I guess I'm not. Why do you ask?"
"I'm having a party at my place, I thought you might want to come. You can bring anyone you want!" He smiled widely. Friendly, that guys was. "Um. Oh. Yea. Ok, thanks." He nodded and got off the elevator at his floor, and I rode up to the next floor pondering whether or not I should actually go his party.
"Devyn?"
"Hmm?"
"You got plans tonight?"
"Uh...well, I guess not."
"You wanna come to a party at the guy who lives beneath me's place?
"The guys who lives beneath you's place?"
"Yea."
"Sure, why not. After, we should hit Vegas and get hitched my a fat cupid in an Elvis wig."
"Devyn."
"Well, sheesh, Justin, could you be anymore vague? Who is this guy? I'm not just gonna go to some random loser's party. I might get some drug slipped into my coke or something." I sighed, "He's my neighbor, Devyn. He's a nice guy. Do you want to come or not?" He was quiet for a moment, "Sure, I guess so."
"Ok, I'll see you there around eight, I think."
"Ok."

© 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment