Wednesday, November 24, 2010

BTW Your Shirt's Inside Out

Thanksgiving's coming, lots of food and NO CALORIE COUNTING ALLOWED.

Thanksgiving/Beginning of Winter Playlist
  1. Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy
  2. What I Wouldn't Do by A Fine Frenzy
  3. Rain by Mika
  4. The Future Calls the Dawn by Felix Da Housecat
  5. Teenage Dream by Katy Perry (Glee Cover)
  6. My Stupid Mouth by John Mayer
  7. Skinny Love by Bon Iver
  8. Dream by Priscilla Ahn
  9. Time Flies by Lykke Li
  10. Christmas Song by Owl City
  11. Peppermint Winter by Owl City
Background stories for this playlist-

  1. I knew this song for so long before I knew who the artist was. It's one of those songs that people recognize when they hear it, and they love it, but they never bother to look up the artist, check out their other music. Thanks to Pandora and my compiling of a playlist which I listen to while I write Broken Glass, Broken hearts, I found many more songs by A Fine Frenzy, and I love and adore them.
  2. (See backstory for song 1.)
  3. My friend showed me the music video for this. Loved Mika before, but not in the wait-for-new-album-to-come-out-excitedly way. More of the love-five-of-their-songs-don't-know-any-others way. I seriously love this song, and the music video, though I do find it sort of funny that it doesn't rain in the music video for the song "Rain".
  4. Heard this song when shopping with said friend, over store speakers. LOVE.
  5. Ok, who doesn't like Glee? Other than a lot of people. (I'm not one of those people.) Even if you don't, Darren Criss's voice is still irresistible.
  6. My math teacher totally pulled out his guitar and played this for my class. It was awesome.
  7. Just another song I found for the Broken Glass, Broken Hearts playlist. Totally love it. I know, I know- the Broken Glass, Broken Hearts playlist is seeming a lot like the Twilight playlists (aka soundtracks). Yea, I kind of found the two artists I made the basis of this playlist from the New Moon soundtrack. Don't judge me! It's good music. And totally fits the Broken mood.
  8. (See backstory for song 7. Also totally love this one.)
  9. (See backstory for songs 7 and 8. Also, Lykke Li is one of the two artists I based the whole Broken playlist on. Along with Anya Marina.)
  10. Found this song last year way too early for Christmas and listened to it repeatedly anyway. Now I can finally listen to it in season again!
  11. Unlike Mika, this is an artist that I do love in the wait-for-the-new-album-to-come-out-excitedly way. Actually, way more than that. But you already knew that. Anyway, exclaimed with joy when this song finally came out. And bought a Peppermint Frappuccinno from Starbucks just for the occasion. Will be playing on Repeat all December long.

And a Movie Playlist
  1. Dead Poets Society
  2. 10 Things I Hate About You
  3. Big Fish
  4. Emma (and Clueless, too!) ((Though Gwyneth Paltrow's portrayal of a late 17th century character isn't exactly incredible acting in the movie, and nothing next to Keira Knightley's performance in Pride and Prejudice-though, I mean, come on, Keira's in a lot of movies in that general time period...sort of- the story is still lovely, and I'm a huge Jane Austen fan, reading this one right now.)) (((Also, Gwyneth is forgiven for her simply-Ok late 17th century character portrayal because she was FABULOUS on Glee last week.))) ((((Also, I don't know why I keep adding more parentheses.))))

Hang tight, don't stay up all night-
Sienna, aka She Who Loves Maggie Stiefvater (Seriously, click that. It's incredible.)
(Professional wrestler in all 60 states)

p.s. You know what other show I love? Raising Hope. WATCH IT.


© 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment