Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Nibble part 24

Nick walked me to the end of the alley and then we turned to face each other. Usually, at this point, we would simply go our separate ways- sometimes not even saying goodbye. I bit my lip and he grinned at me, "Have fun?"
"Certainly." He chuckled and saluted me. He started to turn away from me, to walk away, and I grabbed his wrist and pulled him back. He rose an eyebrow at me, and I went on tiptoe, pushing my lips against his. I had almost half-expected them to be hard and chapped, but they weren't. They were soft, and they melted under my lips, molding to fit into me. We stayed still like that for a moment- our lips pressed against each other, not moving. I started to pull away, worried I'd made wrong assumptions, but just as my lips disconnected from his, he grabbed my waist and pulled me back against him. He buried his hands in my hair as his lips met mine again and I reached up and twisted my fingers through his own hair. He kissed me desperately, as if this was the only thing he could do to keep someone alive- me, him, us. When we parted, I immediately buried my face into his chest, and he put his hand on my head for a moment before bringing my face up to his again. When we parted, he said, "So long." I kept my face buried in his shirt, but murmured, "What?" He laughed, "So long," he said, "I've wanted to do that for so long."

The house was dark as usual when I walked up to it. I went to the front door, wanting to stop in the kitchen before I went back to my room. I stepped into the house and closed the door behind me with a soft click. As I turned, I noticed a light on in the living room. My eyes widened as my mom looked up from a book she was reading on the couch. "Oh," she said, blinking at me, "I hadn't known you were out." I was speechless, so I simply nodded. "Hm," she said, "Where were you?" I swallowed, and then figured, why lie? "With a boy from school." She nodded and looked back at her book, "And how was that?" I narrowed my eyes, "Good, I suppose."
"Do you suppose, or do you know?"
"...I know."
"Well. That's nice." I paused, wondering when she would say something else, when she would start screaming at me like she screamed at dad. But she didn't, she simply stared at her book, flipping a page. I watched her eyes scan the words for a moment before I responded, "Yea." She didn't look up at me again, and I had forgotten that I was hungry, so I turned to walk to my room and said, "Good night."
She said nothing in response.

© 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment