Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Land Of Stiefvater

Ciao, bellas,

Long time no see.

... Rather, long time no post. Long time no read? Write? Whatever.

Anyway, haven't posted in a while, and the last time I did post I didn't post much...I especially haven't posted any parts of the stories I've been focusing on lately for a while. Sorry 'bout that. I've been busy hanging out with people, sleeping, eating fettucini (YUM), and visiting The Land of Stiefvater.

What's that? You've never been? Oh, you simply must go. It's lovely, really. The sights are to die for. Don't forget your camera.

I'll explain. Last year, around this time, (maybe a little earlier,) the book Shiver started showing up in bookstores across the country. (Barnes and Noble being my personal favorite. I visit that place a lot.) Anyway, I kept seeing the book everywhere, (like I said, I visit B&N a lot,) and I checked it out. When I first glanced it over, I was like, "Wow, Twilight for Jacob fans." Now, I'm not one of those Twilight fans who will read anything that looks remotely similar to the books. (Think Alyson Noel's Immortal series or Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series. Which I have not read, as per previous mention.) But, despite my lack of appeal to Twilight knock-off looking novels, Shiver intrigued me and it didn't help that it seemed to be following me everywhere. So, eventually, I caved and bought it. And it was completely awe-strikingly amazing. AH-MAY-ZINGH. So, of course, I bought Linger as soon as it came out this year. I actually did a little happy dance when I found it came out earlier than I was expecting. And it was not disappointing. In fact, I think it was even better, if not equally amazing to, Shiver. And so it happened that I finished Linger and started biting my fingernails to little stubs, (stubbier than they already are, and that is saying something,) in anticipation for Forever to come out. And it's not coming out 'til 2011.

:,(

So anyway, my Stiefvater high refused to fade, especially since I tortured myself by listening to The Golden Woods and One Thousand Paper Cranes (visit the link given for more info on those) and watching every single video multiple times on Maggie's Youtube channel. (She is high-larry-us, btw.) So on my next (highly insisted to the parental units) trip to B&N, I bought Lament and Ballad. Lament was lovely and wonderful and exceptional and satisfying, and so far Ballad is all those things too. So sorry that I've been chillin' with Maggie instead of all'a y'all lately. (??) But just sayin', you should really chill with her too. A trip to The Land of Stiefvater is a trip you will remember forever. (And ever.)



Music played on the plane trip to TLOS:

  1. Airplanes by B.o.B. ft. Hayley Williams (of Paramore)
  2. Captains and Cruise Ships by Owl City
  3. Lake of Fire (covered by) Nirvana
  4. Alejandro by Lady Gaga
And, of course,

5. The Golden Woods by Maggie Stiefvater
6. One Thousand Paper Cranes by Maggie Stiefvater


Ciao, bellas,
Sienna

(professional wrestler in all 60 states)


WOW that post had a lot of links.

© 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment