Sunday, July 19, 2009

Midsummer Day's Dream part 2

(Lysander/Peter) 

I felt the wind on my face as Rain Dance flew out across a meadow. Rain, frightened, tightened her grasp around my stomach. I smiled and kicked Rain Dance lightly. She sped up. We were going so fast that Rain started screaming. Although I knew she had been asking me to slow down, I could hear the happiness in her screams.  “PETER!” she screamed. “ALRIGHT,ALRIGHT!” I yelled back with a laugh. I slowed Rain Dance and jumped off her back. I put out my hand to help Rain down, but she seemed paralyzed to her saddle. I laughed, “Come on Rain, I know its nice up there, but you gotta come down some time.” Rain just stared out in front of her wit wide eyes. I smiled. “Rain,” I whispered as I put my hand out closer her. She looked down at me, her eyes still wide. “B-bandits,” she whispered. My eyes widened too and I looked out to where she was once again staring. There, less than twenty feet in front of us, was a group of bandits. They all had guns, meant for hunting but obviously not used for it. I grabbed Rain’s arm and literally pulled her off of Rain Dance. I pushed her behind me. I grabbed both of her arms and walked carefully with her in front of Rain Dance, knowing that it was her they wanted. “That’s a nice girl you got there,” a man with brown hair said. Rain squeezed my hand. “The horse I mean,” he added with a chuckle. He stepped forward and I pushed Rain Dance slightly back. “Mind if we take her? If you let us, we’ll leave the human girl with you.” I glared at him, “This is MY horse,” I said through gritted teeth. “Have it your way,” the man replied as he pointed his gun in the direction of Rain. I moved her so that they couldn’t get her without getting me. The man smiled, “So that’s YOUR girl then?” he said. The men with him laughed. “Well, I’m afraid that in this situation lad, you either get the girl, or you get the horse,” he said with a grin. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a rifle. “Or,” I said, taking a step towards him, “I could keep both and you could go on your way.” The man’s eyes widened as I pointed my gun directly at him. “Drop your gun,” I muttered. He dropped his gun and put his hands up. “Them too,”  I said, motioning towards the other men but not looking away from him. “Drop your guns, boys!” he said loudly. They didn’t budge. He gritted his teeth. “I SAID DROP YOUR GUNS!” he hollered. The guns dropped. “Now GO,” I said. The man started to reach down for his gun. “LEAVE THE GUNS!” I yelled. He stood up, put his hands back in the air, and started to leave, pushing his men along with him. I waited until they were a good distance from their guns and then I jumped back onto Rain Dance, helped Rain up, and took off.   


© 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment