Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cool. Weird. Whatever. part 1

Chapter 1 Deciphering Pain
Some people say that I'm really cool. Some people say that I’m really weird. I say whatever.

I have figured out how pain works. Pain is all in your head. I figured out a way to stop pain. I figured out how to program my brain into thinking I’m not in pain, and then I feel nothing. Some people think that’s cool. Some people think that’s weird. I think whatever.

I can have anything I want. So what should I do? I can convince myself (and others around me)

that I am on the shore of a beach in Hawaii, with wind blowing my hair and cool sea foam brushing

on my face. I can make myself smell fresh cookies baking in the little oven in the kitchen. I can bite

into disgusting lasagna and convince myself that I'm eating prime ribs at a fancy restaurant in Europe.

Why I can do these things, I'm not sure. But I think it has something to do with my scar.

My scar is in the shape of a crescent moon. It looks like a vampire bite. Something out of a horror

movie. It has been there ever since the day my 'parents' found me. And for all I know, it was there

before that too. It is a strange bite mark. My doctor said that it could be from anything. A dog, a wolf,

a fox, a coyote. But every time I use my...ability...my scar burns like its on fire. It seems to me like a

battery. It gets worn down when its used, but it takes part in tasks that are quite beyond your

expectations of a scar.

Let me just explain to you exactly what I am capable of doing. My mind, different from most, is in

my control. Controlling my brain is like driving the winning race car. I can do ANYTHING. I have

previously experimented with programming the 'memory chamber' in my brain to be able to see my

future as well as my past. I have programmed my brain so that I may 'wirelessly connect', as I call it, to

other people's brains. Aka, I can read minds. And I can put my thoughts into other people's minds. Not

only can I do all these impossible (or so I thought,) acts, but I can also change things in my brain so that

I can perform physical acts of impossible feats. Strength, for example, and speed. I'm like a superhero.

Only it sucks and I save no one.


Super powers: as pointless as sugar free chocolate.

The thing about my abilities is that they usually cause destruction, not only to the world around but also

to myself. Especially using my physical abilities. Programming my brain so that I can do things out of the

ordinary does not come without a price. While gaining unordinary capabilities, I also lose ordinary, and

necessary, capabilities. Reading people's minds freaks me out and makes me realize why God didn't give

us the ability to hear each other's thoughts himself. I hear people thinking about killing themselves. And

I can't do anything about it. What am I supposed to do, tell them "Don't do it!"and then when they ask

how I even know they were going to, tell them I read their mind? No, no one knows about my abilities

other than me and my parents. And no one ever shall.


© 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment