Monday, March 1, 2010

Lovely, Lazy, Hot, and Not part 6

Russel
I walk into Thomas's house that night and smile at the large crowd of people already walking around the backyard, holding little plastic cups. One advantage of having that weird girl follow me around? The rest of the world comes with her. I look around the party and locate Venice standing by the pool, shaking around her cup. Thomas's little sister comes up to me, smiling, and says, somewhat nervously, "Hi. Are you looking for Thomas? He's not here yet." I raise my eyebrows, surprised by this statement. "Um, no, actually, thanks." I smile, "I think I already found who I was looking for." She blushes, and I try not to roll my eyes as I say, "See you later," and walk over to Venice.
"Hi, Venice." She looks up quickly, and then looks back down at her drink when she sees it's me. "Hey," she says. I watch her, seeming to ponder whether she should drink the liquid in her cup or not. Eventually, she sighs and holds the cup by the edge as she holds her arm down, no longer appearing to be about to take a sip of it. "Are you gonna drink that?" I ask, amused. She looks up at me, back at the drink, and then sighs, "I don't drink." I take the cup from her hand and she jumps slightly, startled. I hold the cup up to my nose and sniff it. I laugh and take a sip of it as I say, "This is Coke." She blinks, "Oh." I laugh again and she reaches for the cup. Surprised, I hand it to her, and she swallows it in one gulp. I blink at her as she once again holds the cup near her thigh. "I drank out of that," I point out. She looks at me, "Yea," she says, giving me a 'obviously, doofus' expression, "I know." She turns around, throwing the cup toward a trash can by the gate that leads into the yard. She misses it by a mile and sighs, walking over to it and putting it into the trash can. She walks back over to me and I just smile at her. I don't know why this whole situation impresses me so much. I honestly have no idea. "So," I say, "you're not a basketball player." She snorts, "And you're not a Victoria's Secret model." She glares at me, "Glad we've made such incredible discoveries about each other." She motions to herself and then to me and says, "I feel like I know you on a deeper level now." I smile widely without showing my teeth,"You're feisty."
"You're blunt." She reaches into her pocket and pulls out a hair band, twisting her hair into a ponytail. She turns to me, "See ya, Russel," and walks off in the opposite direction.
How is she this amazing?

© 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment