Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lovely, Lazy, Hot, and Not part 12

James
I'm standing by the door, debating whether or not to leave now or linger for a little while longer. Thomas suddenly opens the door, slamming it closed behind me. He looks around frantically and, shocked, I watch as he jogs over to his sister. He says something to her and she nods, her eyebrows furrowed. He hugs her and then takes keys out of his pocket, walking back toward the front door. He bumps me, "Sorry," he mutters as he slips out the door. I look around and then open the door, following him. I walk to my family's car as he walks in the opposite direction toward a beat-up pick-up truck. I look at the huge house and then back at his truck and wonder why his car is so old and worn when he could afford something so much better. I get into my car, planning to just drive home, but Thomas turns onto the street that leads toward only one neighborhood: Pike. Now, understand, Pike is the poorest neighborhood in town. Not exactly a place I would expect on of the most wealthy guys in town to be going. I pull out of his driveway, curious, and follow him to Pike Street. I pull over to one side of the street and watch as he pulls into a driveway, parking. He gets out of the car and walks to the door. I expect him to knock, but he simply puts the key in the lock and pulls the door open, closing it behind him. I sit there for a few minutes, wondering what to do next. He doesn't come out. Confused, I pull out of the street and drive to my house.
"James?"
"Yea?"
"Can I take the Blackbird out?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"I just got home, idiot."
"So what?"
"No."
"FINE." Jesse says, slamming the door to his room. I look out and see Misty walking around in her stall. Smiling, I open the back door and walk out toward her.

© 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment