Friday, October 16, 2009

Me and Julian part 3

"You're late, Laura."
"Yea, sorry. Julian's car wouldn't start again. I swear, he tried everything! Finally I volunteered to give it a try, and it finally turned on. It was so funny, he was like, 'I swear this car hates me.' So I drove, but then I got pulled over because for some reason a police officer thought I was on the phone and said I wasn't allowed to use my cell phone while I was driving. It was so strange, it was as if he couldn't even see Julian sitting there. I told him that I hadn't been on the phone and in fact had only been talking to the person sitting next to me. I apologized for driving with another teenager in the car, which I knew was illegal. He just gave me a weird look and offered to give me a ride to school. I told him I was fine, but he insisted on driving me. I think he even wrote down my license plate number when I was leaving. But he wrote me a note...here." Mrs. Johnson sighed and took the note from my hands, not even bothering to read it. "Sit," she said impatiently. I sat in my seat and Julian sat in his seat behind me. He stuck his pencil in my hair and started playing with it. "Stop, Jules. I'm trying to take notes," I whispered to him. Jeff glanced over at me and looked back at the white board.

Laura walked past me in the lunchroom, smiling. She laughed at something Julian 'said' and sat down at an empty table with him. All alone, she sat there, laughing her head off and trying to stuff food into the mouth of a person who wasn't there. I wondered if she realized what a show she was to some of the guys in the cafeteria. Especially new kids. Laura is a very attractive girl. Her hair is dark blonde, short, and curls around her face just so. She has beautiful eyes the color of the ocean during a storm. If you look closely, I swear you can even see the whitecaps. Its a shame that she's crazy.

© 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment