Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Me and Julian part 2

"Morning Jamie," Laura said with a smile as she walked in. "Morning Laura," I said, smiling at her and continuing to pour cereal into two bowls. Laura sat down and cleared her throat quietly. I closed my eyes. "Morning Julian," I said as I smiled at the empty chair next to Laura. "She does too like you, Julian. She's probably just tired," Laura whispered to the air. I handed a bowl of cereal to Laura and was about to sit next to her when she screamed. "Sorry!" I shrieked, quickly stepping away from the chair. "Could you pour a bowl for Julian, too?" she asked. "Can't he pour his own?" I groaned. She glared at me. "Fine," I mumbled, wasting yet another bowl of cereal as I pushed the bowl towards the empty chair. "Julian, eat it. You are so NOT allergic to nuts," Laura said as she rolled her eyes and took a few bites of her cereal. I didn't want to know what was going to happen to that cereal, so I left the room. Justin and Jackson were sitting on the couch playing a video game. Annoyed, I went up to my room to watch TV on my tiny screen. There was a knock on my door. I paused the show and sat up. "Come in," I hollered unnecessarily. Laura walked in. "Hey. Julian's still downstairs. He thinks you really don't like him. I tried to tell him you do, but he just said whatever. Could you go downstairs and apologize to him?"
"For what?" I asked in an irritated tone as I stared at Sophie's face paused mid-sentence on the tiny screen. "Jamie. Please." I groaned, pulled myself off the bed, and walked down the stairs with Laura. I walked up to the empty kitchen and said, "I'm sorry for whatever I did. I do like you. Are we good?" I didn't wait for a response, (obviously,) before I said "Good. See ya later," and headed back up to my room. Of course I love and pity Laura, but Julian really gets on my nerves.

© 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment