Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Me and Julian part 1

Introduction
Julian took my hand firmly and we ran through the trees. I laughed as he took my hands and we spun around in circles. We came to a clearing and dropped down onto the wet grass, soaking from the rain pounding on us. Julian turned his head toward me, "This isn't very healthy, you know," he said with a grin. I shrugged as I attempted to look up. Water filled my eyes. "Who cares!" I said with a laugh as I turned to face him again. He smiled softly and said, "I love you." I smiled widely back, "I love you too."

"LAURA! LAURA?! LAURA WHERE ARE YOU?!" we screamed as we ran through the forest, trying desperately to find her. Finally, I stepped into a clearing and spotted Laura laying there, letting the rain hit her. "I love you too," she said with a bright smile. She was alone. But she didn't know that.


Chapter 1: At First

At first he was only there because I wanted him to be there. He kept me company when everyone else left the room. He kept my mind from wandering to the past. But then as they left me alone more and more, he became more important to me. He had to be there. They smiled at me when I told them Julian was moving in with us. Some of them laughed lightly. But their smiles grew sad when Julian actually moved in. I don't think they like him.

At first it was just her imaginary friend. Sure it was weird that she had one at seventeen, but we figured it was just a joke and she only talked to him in front of us to make us laugh. Then it started getting old. She told us that he was moving in with us. I rolled my eyes but the rest of the family smiled or laughed lightly, trying to hint that it wasn't really funny anymore. But she wasn't trying to be funny. And as I walked past her bedroom, I heard her talking to him. It was like she thought he was really there. Turns out she did.

© 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment