Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sienna's Book Reviews #4: The Ghost and the Goth by Stacy Kade

****The Ghost and the Goth by Stacy Kade
(And The Queen of the Dead, also by Stacy Kade)

I read this book the other day with the most awful cover imaginable.
It's one of those books that I usually would scoff dramatically at and walk past in Barnes and Noble, but for some reason the terribly cheesy title and cover art caught my attention. It's called The Ghost and the Goth, and it's by Stacy Kade. Generally nothing about the title or the cover would catch my eye, but lately I've been wanting to read a cheeseball book in which a hot and poppin' female falls for a not-so-hot-and-poppin' guy, instead of the much more common reverse. So when I saw the title and the picture of this major goth with this hot and poppin' blonde cheerleader resting her legs over his at an arch, I was intrigued, though I didn't want to admit it to myself. Eventually, I caved, and I have to say, I was extremely surprised. I read the whole book and the first hundred-and-some pages of the sequel in one day, and although it wasn't exactly a book that made your brain work, I think it was really well written, and the teen voices of both leads were almost always very authentic. Not to mention it was very funny, and the couple made me super happy. Now the only problem is that I have to wait until summer 2012 for the next book. Just my luck.
I recommend this book, just don't read it in any public place, if you know what I mean.

My age recommendation for readers: 13+

© 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment