Saturday, July 9, 2011

Brilliant Last Lines

So I've read a lot of books. Like, a lot. And some of them have these last lines that just blew me away. I thought I'd share some with you.
*Mind you, I'm only sharing ones that I think are pretty much equally brilliant if you don't know what's going on, so this doesn't mean other books I've read don't have brilliant endings.

WARNING: MAJOR *SPOILERS*. LAST LINES, TO BE SPECIFIC. IN CASE YOU'RE A DUMB-DUMB AND YOU DIDN'T GET THAT FROM THE FIRST FIVE SENTENCES OF THIS POST.

The Tension of Opposites by Kristina McBride
"I laughed so hard that when Darcy snapped the shot, I wasn't even looking at the camera."

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
"I take his hand, holding on tightly, preparing for the cameras, and dreading the moment when I will finally have to let go."

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (Before the epilogue)
"So after, when he whispers, 'You love me. Real or not real?'
I tell him, 'Real.'"

Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and hare-bells; listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass; and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

The Host by Stephenie Meyer
"'It's a strange world,' I murmured, more to myself than to the other native soul.
'The strangest,' he agreed."

An American Childhood by Annie Dillard
"And still I break up through the skin of awareness a thousand times a day, as dolphins burst through seas, and dive again, and rise, and dive."

Across the Universe by Beth Revis
"I wrap my pinkie around his. He squeezes my finger, and this world doesn't feel so cold anymore.
'Will you stay with me?' I whisper.
'Always.'"

Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater
"'The most dangerous and wonderful creature alive is a human.'"

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
"'Grace?' Sam said, and I opened my eyes.
He reached out his hand to me."

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
"And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever."

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny at my side."

© 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment