Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Me, Edward Sharpe, and the Magnetic Zeros

To All You Music Lovers,

I'm guessing you've probably heard this song before. And most likely this one too. Maybe even this one. Those would be Home, 40 Day Dream, and Janglin, all by the band Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros. As of a little less than a week ago, I'd only ever heard the first two, and I'd only heard them through someone else's iPod earphones or while driving with someone who played it on their speakers. But then I came across this video (on Dianna Agron's tumblr) and I fell instantly in love with this hilariously energetic band of whimsical-lyric-spinning hippies. I'll admit for the first half of the video I though Jade Castrinos (who is pretty much my new favorite person) was a young and most likely homosexual male, but I saw immediately that her and the lead singer, Alex Ebert (also known as Edward Sharpe, to people who assume the band is actually named after one of its members,) were completely in love, and when Alex sang "girl" to her, I became extremely confused. Upon further research, I discovered that she was indeed a female, and that she generally looked like one- but really, you can't blame me, her clothes in that video were pretty masculine, and her hair is very short. Anyway. She's actually very pretty.
So anywho, I fell in love and watched an endless amount of their exceedingly entertaining live performances, and so I felt I should share my love here. Also, Jade Castrinos and Alex Ebert, the singers who duet in Home, have the most inspiring love I've ever seen. I have honestly never seen two people looking at each other the way they do, except in the movies.

Now I just have to decide what book to dedicate to them.

Seriously go listen to them right now,
Sienna Sharpe
(professional wrestler in all 60 states)


P.S. Play this game immediately.


© 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment