Wednesday, November 4, 2009

No Sense (anything can happen) part 3

The cossy stopped in front of a large grey building. There were three windows; one for each floor, I guessed. "We're here, ma'am," the driver said politely, hinting for me to leave so he could get back to work. "Yes," I whispered, almost forgetting to push the button. I didn't know what to say now. I was used to saying 'thank you' and departing, but not being able to say thank you made me feel uneasy. "I'll just be going now," I said as I pressed the button. I waited for him to reply, but he said nothing. I opened the door and just as soon as my feet were on the ground, the cossy driver was out the gates again. I almost laughed. I looked up at the large, frightening building and noticed several smaller building surrounding it. I walked forward. I saw someone scurry from one building to another, clothed darkly and huddling themselves as they ran, as if it was freezing and they wanted to stay warm. The person seemed to notice me but didn't dare stay out in the open for too long before they rushed into the other building. I felt like an idiot. What the heck was I doing here? How had I been permitted to be here? Where did I go now? "Its Vanessa, right?" a soft, comforting and yet confident voice behind me said. I swiveled on my heel. No one had called me Vanessa since the day I left my family, them screaming out my name and me kicking like a mad-man, trying desperately to escape the firm grip of the men pulling me away from everything I knew and loved. I looked at the attractive man behind me with a suspicious expression. He was about the same height as me, and his muscles were accentuated by button down shirt he wore. His hair was blond and short, soft-looking, and his eyes were green and huge. He had long eyelashes and a face that was both boy-ish and manly. He smiled at me, and I tried to keep my expression suspicious as his sweet smile sent calm through my veins. 'He just wants me to be calm so he can toy with me, punish me for violating the rules,' I told myself, but it was hard to believe because his face was so soft and he sounded so welcoming and loving. That and the fact that he had addressed me by my name made him a very likeable man. But I kept myself composed. He seemed to notice, with pain, that his soft features and voice hadn't tricked me. "Welcome," he said, his voice like warm milk pouring into a newborn's throat. It sent a chill through me, and yet I still kept my face suspicious. "Who are you?" I asked, my voice shaky. I cleared my throat quietly. No doubt he had memorized the meaning of a shaky voice. "I'm Noah," he said with a soft smile. I remembered from a long time ago that the name meant peace. It was a calming name. I never felt uncomfortable when I was with a Noah. "Hello Noah. Why do you know my name?" He didn't answer the question. "This morning, you woke up and felt a strange urge to come here, am I correct?" he said calmly, as if it was totally normal that he knew what I was thinking this morning. He didn't trick me. "Yes. How did you know that?"
Once again, he ignored my question. "You are, in fact, not a representative or a caller, but you told a cossy driver that you are one, correct?" 'Ok,' I whispered in my mind, 'so he doesn't know everything I'm thinking. Just vague. "I did," I said, this time refraining from asking how he knew that. "Alright. Then its been assured," he said, frowning slightly, as he wrote something on a notepad. "What's been assured?" He looked up at me, no longer sweet and friendly but frowning. Still, his features hadn't seized to seem comforting, even his irritated expression couldn't cover up his soft face and voice. Even his hair looked soft. I wanted desperately to reach out and see if it was, but I didn't. "So," he said as he started walking toward the large building and signaled for me to follow him, "you have a very strong personality, am I correct?" I blinked, "Um...I guess so..."
"You are very stubborn? Independent?" he asked, looking back at me. I laughed lightly. "Yes," I replied. He opened the doors to the large building and nodded, as if by agreeing with his question/statement I had proven his unspoken theory correct. "What's going on?" I asked, stepping into the building. "Well," he started, finally explaining, "it seems we've made a mistake." He looked up at my face with a furrowed brow, "You're a glitch."

© 2009

2 comments:

  1. heyy sienna....you are an awesome writer......I breifly skimmed through these and I myself am trying to write a book and my ideas arent half as good as yours.....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you that's very encouraging and I'd like to see some of your writing :) I love books, reading them, writing them...I just love them :)

    ReplyDelete