Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Broken Glass, Broken Hearts part 41

My phone rang. "Hello?" I asked questioningly. "Um...Tyler?" I furrowed my brow. "Yes?"
"Its...Sadie. Sadie Hawkins?" I sighed and sat down on my bed, "Hi, Sadie." She perked up, "Hi!"
Every time, for three weeks now, the phone would ring, and I would sound surprised, and she
would sound worried and intimidated for a while until she reached her 'happy moment' in which
she would perk up and ask me if I wanted to hang out. I obliged, of course, because I had absolutely
nothing else to do. I waited every day for something...a call, an email, a letter...anything, from Angela.
But every day, nothing came. That day, as I thought about it, (while Sadie was asking me if I wanted
to hang out,) I realized that I hadn't made any call to her either. I had just sat around, waiting for her.
What if she was waiting for me too? "I would love to hang out today, Sadie, sorry, but I've actually
got plans. Maybe some other time?" She was obviously not expecting that reply. "Oh...um...ok. Good.
Cool. See you...later, then." I smiled, "Ya. See ya." I hung up and immediately dialed Angela's number.
I got the busy signal. So I waited a few minutes and then tried again. I got the busy signal again.
I waited again and then called again. As I got the busy signal for the third time, I sighed, annoyed,
and hung up. The phone rang. I grabbed it, "Hello?"
"TYLER?!" Angela's voice hollered in my ear. The largest smile I had worn in three weeks fell upon
my face. "Angela."
"I've been trying to call you for the last twenty minutes and I kept getting the busy signal!"
"Mutual," I replied with a laugh. "What?" she asked in a confused but happy tone, "I've been doing
the same thing," I explained. She laughed.

© 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment