Monday, April 22, 2013

Hello there you silly non-existents you!

I haven't made a blog post in a million years– mostly I use this account as an online notebook to jot down story ideas and scenes and character developments etc...but at the moment I have a sudden urge to share the music I've been listening to lately. So for your hearing pleasure, I give you...

The Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder Playlist
(aka Junior Year)

  1. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
  2. Yea Yea by Matt & Kim
  3. Demons by Imagine Dragons
  4. Dangerous by Thick as Thieves
  5. Where It's At by Beck
  6. Sandstorm by Cast
  7. Friday I'm in Love by The Cure
  8. Beautiful Freak by Eels
  9. Hey Dude by Kula Shaker
  10. Blue Monday by New Order
  11. The Riverboat Song by Ocean Colour Scene
  12. Disco 2000 by Pulp
  13. A Kiss to Build a Dream On by Louis Armstrong
  14. Street Spirit (Fade Out) by Radiohead
  15. Love Spreads by The Stone Roses
  16. Beautiful Ones by Suede
  17. Autumn in New York by Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
  18. Boulevard of Broken Songs by Green Day vs. Oasis vs. Travis
  19. Wonderwall (cover) by Ryan Adams
  20. Stay by Rihanna
  21. Small Bump by Ed Sheeran
  22. Howlin' For You by The Black Keys
  23. Heart Attack by Demi Lovato
  24. Jesus Christ by Woody Guthrie
  25. Love Potion No. 9 by The Coasters
  26. What You Know by Two Door Cinema Club
  27. Burning Down the House by The Talking Heads
  28. Pump it Up by Elvis Costello
  29. Banana Republic by The Boomtown Rats
  30. Jocko Homo by Devo
  31. Karma Chameleon by Culture Club
  32. Spectrum by Zedd ft. Matthew Koma
  33. Masters of War by Bob Dylan
Now a quick note to explain the strange diversity and trends within this playlist. Well, a not-so-quick quick note. That sort of explains it. Although I can't really tell you why I have such a strange, varying taste in music.

The 90's stuff is mostly because of the show I've started watching and am in love with called My Mad Fat Diary, a British mini-series that takes place in the 90's. The soundtrack is brilliant, I'm telling you. 
But then a couple of the 90's songs I just knew already. Mostly from Bella's mix tapes.

The New Wave stuff is mostly from research I did for this paper I wrote on New Wave music and it's importance to the 70's. Same as with the 90's, though, some of it I just already knew. Again, mostly from Bella's mix tapes. 
Also the Culture Club is because I watched the movie Worried About the Boy about Boy George and it killed me inside.

The rest of the songs all have varying backstories...Masters of War from Creative Writing class, Woody Guthrie was originally introduced to me in ninth grade English class but I think at this point you could probably just say I love him on my own... Love Potion No. 9 because I watched and adored the movie of the same title and fell in love with the song...oh, and Louis. I have a character in my in-progress novel Allemand who's obsessed with Louis and jazz in general and I just stumbled across the song Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child and fell head over heels for Louis myself. (I found it on, tumblr, actually.)

And the rest, as they say, is history.

Au revoir my fine four-fendered friends,
17-year-old Sienna
(professional wrestler in all 60 states)

p.s. OH! And one last thing. The Imagine Dragons, Matt & Kim, and Thick as Thieves. All wonderful bands, but I'd never been particularly enthralled with any of their music (I hadn't known of Thick as Thieves at all) until I attended a brilliant concert by them. It was phenomenal! That is all. Good night.




© 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment